[SOLVED] Cable and tubing management question!

Sep 21, 2019
I'm currently building a PC for the first time in 7 years and I'm curious if there is any risk with a few different wires and the AIO tubing for my CPU cooler, for the way I have it set up currently.

Please see the attached image:
mobo.jpg

1. Will the tubing be okay in this arrangement? Will having it right next to the CPU power connector cause any heat issues? Will it be a problem for airflow?

2. Will this tubing arrangement cause any problems with leaks? There doesn't seem to be much tension, but it is slightly more than if I had it going straight down and across the middle of the board.

3. Will the USB Corsair Link cable be okay running directly next to the CPU 8 pin power? Is it okay to route this USB cable underneath the motherboard heatsync?

Thank you for your time in reading my questions!

Last edited:
Solution
You shouldn't have any problems with this configuration. The tubing is flexible enough that these mild bends shouldn't cause undue wear and the 8 pin power connector doesn't get hot, and even if it did there will be cool water running through it so it would remain cool.
You shouldn't have any problems with this configuration. The tubing is flexible enough that these mild bends shouldn't cause undue wear and the 8 pin power connector doesn't get hot, and even if it did there will be cool water running through it so it would remain cool.

Solution