CableMod Finally Outs Universal PSU Extension Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimnur

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
The graphic in the article looks nothing like the product announced on their website... The graphic hardly looks "beautiful" either... The cables on the website look great, but based on this article's wording and the graphic I assumed there was some tongue in cheek undertone.

Chochbag

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
Not to put down the quality (I'm sure they're nice cables) but $50-$100 for a PSU cable set seems outrageous.

These are the prices I found in the only US distributor store.

Edit: $30 for the extension set.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I have never seen anything wrong with the cables I get with my PSU's so really wonder how somebody can make this a business.

There is nothing wrong per se with the PSU cables.

but if you are building a custom build and have a color scheme in mind you either braid your cables yourself or you go to someone who has already done it and pay for the work.

if you are not to much into custom builds of your computer than your point hold water.

Lutfij

Titan
Although the route of cable extensions make it possible for modders to get that bling factor without having to sleeve a whole bunch of cables to make things look neat and tidy on a budget but it just adds more wires into most, if not, all cases that already have a mess of cables. With modular PSU's this means that every cable has a longer run in their connections.

I tread along the perfectionist path so I prefer having the cables sleeved all the way from the PSU itself to the termination of their connections regardless of the unit being full/semi modular or full/retro wired.

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
My psu has the 24 pin and 8 pin eps combined into the one psu modular plug. Universal? I doubt it

Update : They go on the ends of my cables? so i still see the wires showing out of psu connectors, pfffft why bother

Status
Not open for further replies.