Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC to be Exclusive to Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I heard 60fps for the game in the conference. I hope the ONe is capable of doing this. I am excited for the realistic arm hair. woooot

GIJoeMyGoodness

Honorable
May 21, 2013
I thought this would be the year I would cut the cord from the COD franchise because of the cookie-cutter type releases over the past few years. All recent COD games felt to offer nothing totally new and compelling. They made some major changes at just the right time to reinvigorate the franchise. I'm still looking forward to trying some of the new IPs when they come out, but I will likely have Ghosts in my game library.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Having a great screenwriter on board is nice, but lets hope that those who "direct" the game and build it around the story can capture the potential.

tristangl

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
You title is inaccurate and I am sure you know it.
Please dont play that game just to bring people to your article and change it to the real thing which is
Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC to be available FIRST on Xbox One
Thank you

Call me spoiled, but after rolling with my 680s on my PC, even the next gen consoles' games don't seem exciting. This preview doesn't look like anything I haven't seen before with my video cards from 3 gens ago, but I guess it's only a COD title so I shouldn't judge yet.
What does seem cool is I can plug my cable box into the One (through HDMI in) and run only one chord to my TV and one to my surround system. I will use it more as an entertainment hub than as a gaming system for sure. I'll get rid of my blu-ray player and get one of these bad boys if the thing can stay as quiet as a blu-ray player while simply watching a movie.
I really hope like heck this new gen of consoles have good cooling solutions and run quietly. When PS3 first came out, it was like flipping on a hair dryer.
On the other hand, if MS can release this Xbox without an 80% failure rate within the first year (as with the 360), I'm sure they'll consider that alone a success.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
this is just a massive advertisement, i can see catherine is all wet for activision stock. regardless:
1)graphics were TERRIBLE. i can compare it to bfbc2 on my pc from all those years ago. i am NOT impressed. i can't believe they will make money from that.
2)the DLC will NOT be exclusive. it will be TIMED exclusive. just get one of these fanboys that write incessant comments to write this article, they would probably be better informed.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Really unimpressed by the graphics - felt like watching a BF/Crysis trailer. However, if this is the entry graphics for the next gen on apparently the weakest of the two (Wii U doesn't count), then I guess that's a good step up from the DX9 crap we have to deal with nowadays. Plus, if we're lucky, the storyline may go back to actually being decent i.e. MW 1
@ Ubercake. If you have two cards which are probably worth in total 50% more than an entire console, yah, of course you're going to be used to better graphics. Bit of a no brainer.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013
lol to all you kids tryin to defend your over-priced computer hardware. "the gfx arnt goods i gots betta!!" oh really? because last time i checked 90% of your games are just ports of console games and are limited anyway. sure you can have better resolutions, better framerates, but they look very much the same. you should be THANKING microsoft and sony for putting out new hardware, so that you PC nerds can finally have better looking games as well. i only speak the truth. crucify me or whatever, but you KNOW it's true.

G

BF4 for PC will own anything the console puts out period. Money better spent on pc upgrades like a gtx 780.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
It's about time they decided to take all that money there were making and revamp the game engine not to say it's breaking any records or anything.

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
MIsleading title and who cares about CoD and it's already outdated engine (new features - LOD, high res textures, fish with AI - lol).

Definitely true.

Must be a console fan boy or not have any amount of experience with a good gaming PC if you think all the good games on PC are simply console ports. Granted some are. Personally, I don't play these. They are an insult to my hardware.

MS and Sony aren't really putting out new hardware. When it comes to GPUs, they are merely pumping out hardware that, once the consoles are released, will be using technology 2 gens old. Console fanboys will be using this same hardware for nearly a decade! That's pretty sad. Even GPU optimized games on gens old 6870s will have their limits.

I'm thinking these consoles necessarily will need to do more than game (and they will) to remain relevant, because 3 or 4 years from now, our newest phones will be playing games of the same quality level as these new consoles with static hardware configurations.

The true value of the new consoles will be what they can offer outside of gaming.

Aleppi

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
why is the name of the article DLC exclusive to Xbox one cuz that makes me think without reading the article that only the Xbox one is getting the dlc at all

Status
Not open for further replies.