Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Minimum Specs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edenrow

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
You know why this is awesome my friends because its going to be the biggest hacked game ever with dedicated servers and free!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Jclonts82[/nom]Don't buy it. They spit in the faces of loyal PC gamers for the sake of profit, whatever they might say the reasons are for their decisions.[/citation]

I feel the same exactly way and i wont be their experiment and they wont be allowed from my wallet to mess with PC game prices on my back just cause they felt like it. As much as I like the game before its even released they have me a reason to be the first CoD:MW title that I will download pirated. If they wanna make bigger profits ill make sure they will make less out of me instead of paying them extra for it. Simple as that.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]geminireaper[/nom]If you posted that just to show everyone your system specs...fail. You are on a tech enthusiast website and the system would be considered avg for most of us on here.[/citation]
oh diss :p

For me FPS have become boring after my Counter-Strike rave. The only FPS that impressed me since Half-Life 2 was Mirror's Edge.

Fallout 3 was far from a Fallout game, it was more a FPS Elder Scroll, which was boring. Where was the exploding toilet humor of Fallout 2?

moejoe4420

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Thank you stridervm. So if I understand this correctly, when we have our LAN party, we won't be able to set up one player with the best machine as a server and all play across the Gigabit connections? If that's true these guys are some real douchebags.

FLGibsonJr

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I take IW/Activision actions as an attack on PC Gaming and intelligent gaming overall, and the attack is premeditated and I would say fraudulent due to the timing. The attack had to be planned for many months due to the coding involved, but they did not disclose anything to their loyal base of clans, squadrons and communities who use dedicated servers, mods, and play tournaments, matches etc. with the long list of CoD games. They allowed this loyal base to pre-order the game, spend money preparing dedicated servers etc etc, knowing that this move would destroy their type of PC Gaming.

I will no longer buy any games published or developed by these companies until they apologize for their organized attack on PC Gaming and the PC Gaming Community.

Regards,

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Personally I'm glad it don't have dedicated servers. I think those communities are a joke.. O I'm sorry what community... Some of the best games I played rogue spear for example which was a great game didn't have dedicated servers, and it did just fine for years.

Spotbrooklyn

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
Regardless, your experience does not mean the same has happened to everyone else, kingnoobe. A lot of the gaming clans need dedicated servers as a way to 1) Recruit new members, 2) Play against other players, and 3) Ensure the rules are followed. Granted, some clans follow different sets of rules, but atypically, the popular servers have active admins, and do their best to use the various admin tools to prevent hackers from playing in the server.

The lack of dedicated server support, coupled with the matchmaking feature to play against other players appropriate to your skill level has a plus and some big minuses. Plus is, playing against other players matching your skill level makes it more of a fair fight. The negatives is that this is really a feature that works well with consoles, and not PC gaming because of issues of hacking. We don't know how this game will be affected in regards to hacking, and I hope it actually decreases the number of hackers playing, but IW may have forgotten a problem with the skill system. Some players reach the highest ranks by repetitively playing the game, trying to take advantage of a glitch or problem. Many players that are rank 55 in Modern Warfare now are actually useless teammates to have in multiplayer matches. Their matchmaking feature would have a better leg to stand on if it would also PENALIZE players for dying too many times, or some similar system (which would also be a pain to get right to be considered "fair" by everyone).

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Nice reqs..... At least they got something right. Getting rid of dedicated servers. Freaking retarded. Just another sign that console and mainstream gaming is ruining the industry. Devs just dont care about the true hardcore gamers ne more. Just money.

[citation][nom]Jclonts82[/nom]Don't buy it. They spit in the faces of loyal PC gamers for the sake of profit, whatever they might say the reasons are for their decisions.[/citation]

Well COD started for the PC. Went to 2. 3 went console. 4 Was a semi port. 5 just sucked. 6 (MW2) is pretty much a port. Looks like what happened with EA.

I understand a matchmaking system for a game like L4D but for CoD? And even so, L4D still has Dedicated Servers. What are they thinking? They think this will get customers?

it will only alienate those who made them into what they are. but now they will survive off of consoles like most other games/franchises do these days.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
LOL. I love all these people who say "well I'm just going to torrent this now." As if you weren't going to do that anyways. And then these same people get mad when PC companies start focusing directly on consoles, where pirating is virtually non-existant, and leave PC gamers behind. LOL.

You go and show IW! Pirate their game and prove to them that they made the CORRECT CALL in focusing on the consoles. I'm sure you'll show them! Next time they might not even both with a PC version at all and then you'll have really done them in! LOL.

You guys crack me up with your "boycotts" and other nonsense. Every time you do some crap like that you are just giving developers another reason to forget PC gaming in favor of a sure thing, the consoles. Please go ahead and pirate COD4:MW2 but don't think you are "showing" Infinity Ward anything or hurting them in ANY WAY. You're furthering the stereotype that PC gamers steal their games and console games is where the money is at.

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Vermil[/nom]My thoughts too. THW comment threads are pathetic with all the moronic pie losers, flaunting their disgusting sense of entitlement.I'll buy this game and try it, because I like COD. None of you even know what "no dedicated servers" will mean for this game. It says nothing about what server service this game will have.I'll try it. ...THEN - if it feels like a shitty console port - I'll bitch and gripe about it at every opportunity everywhere endlessly.[/citation]

I'm not going to pirate the game to get back at them. However, I will not buy the game without dedicated server support. You sound ignorant and clearly show a lack of understanding with what dedicated server support has to offer. My main interest in it is being able to mod servers for competitive play. These mods are necessary for competitive leagues. CAL was huge in CoD4 it began using the PAM4 mod. And that's just one aspect of what dedicated server support does for a game. Go back to your console and listen to that squealing 8 year old matchmaking set you up with.

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]LOL. I love all these people who say "well I'm just going to torrent this now." As if you weren't going to do that anyways. And then these same people get mad when PC companies start focusing directly on consoles, where pirating is virtually non-existant, and leave PC gamers behind. LOL. You go and show IW! Pirate their game and prove to them that they made the CORRECT CALL in focusing on the consoles. I'm sure you'll show them! Next time they might not even both with a PC version at all and then you'll have really done them in! LOL. You guys crack me up with your "boycotts" and other nonsense. Every time you do some crap like that you are just giving developers another reason to forget PC gaming in favor of a sure thing, the consoles. Please go ahead and pirate COD4:MW2 but don't think you are "showing" Infinity Ward anything or hurting them in ANY WAY. You're furthering the stereotype that PC gamers steal their games and console games is where the money is at.[/citation]

I'm with you I think pirating is a stupid thing to do when it comes to "getting back" at a company. And your right IW would probably see it as more justification for what they did. But do you really think pirating can't and won't be done more frequently in the future on consoles? Do you honestly think the people playing consoles are that much more noble as to not steal a game if they knew how to? It's only a matter of time, it wasn't always so easy to steal games/music on a PC.
Stealing games for a console is as simple as flashing the dvd-rom, you don't even need a mod, simply a sata cable and a flash drive with some "free" software. It's only a matter of time...

[citation][nom]geminireaper[/nom]If you posted that just to show everyone your system specs...fail. You are on a tech enthusiast website and the system would be considered avg for most of us on here.[/citation]
Yep, and mine would be below average/about time for some new parts.
Athlon 64 X2 4200+
4GB RAM
ATi X1950XT

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Screw IW, MW2 multiplayer would not be any different than the original if they did have dedicated servers. I for one am prepped and ready to start modding like crazy. If they do now want to give the gamers what they like then we can take it without pirating. Everything that is implemented for MW2 can be replicated to work with a MW dedicated server. Maps will be able to be easily imported, weapons can be added with a little modding code as well. As far as I can see there is NOTHING that IW has changed besides the SP.

So screw pirating, screw IW. I will make my own MW2.

Try doing that on a console.

G

ern88 :
Well, Hopefully my ASUS P5K-E with 4 gigs ram. Intel E8400 dou 3.0 ghz and my NVIDIA 9800 SGTX will run her good. Sure it will. BRING IT ON. THIS WILL BE EASILY GAME OF THE YEAR FOR SURE.

Dude,your rig sucks!!!

dawolf74

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Hilarious, the people that get all pissy about people not liking the game, and the immediate accusation is, "You are just a dirty pirate anyway!".

So, if I say "I don't like the way they placed the rear view mirrors on a ford focus, and so would never buy one. I may use one, but I would never buy it."

The typical response by you totally retarded corporate suckups would be, "You're just a car thief anyway! You were never going to pay for a car! Your opinion on a consumer product is not valid!!! Corporations don't exist to serve the customer to turn a profit!!!!"

I can't believe the amount of corporate and developer brown nosing that goes on here, in what should be a forum filled with people that actually have some idea of what they are talking about.

I would hope all of you commentards practice what you preach and never return a product for defects, etc., as you got what you paid for and your opinion doesn't matter of course. The customer is just a growth on the anus of corporations of course, not the source of their survival.

G

NOT BUYING THIS....

How can this company release a game without dedicated servers,,, UNREAL.

Syranetic

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
No dedicated servers means no life for this game on the PC platform. Did they really want to instigate piracy? Because they did with their new PC business model.

Increase price by $10 - Check
Remove collectors editions from PC - Check
Destroy MP community - Check

I want to buy this why?

Status
Not open for further replies.