Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Minimum Specs

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
I wont buy until the price drops to 19.95 or so. Not for a 6 hour SP game with no dedicated MP server support? Where do they get off? Most PC gamers were looking forward to this not for the SP but for the dedicated online MP aspects of this game. Now its just and overpriced Console port. BLEH!

helux

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I have planned on buying this game for a long time. I hate people who just assume that you will pirate just becuse you have a pc. The fact is, is that this game deserves and should be encouraged to be pirated on all platforms due to IW disrespect of the gaming community.

G

What exactly does IW owe the gaming community? Most of the comments on here talk of banning the game and/or company because of lack of dedicated servers and what they expect the company to produce. So now you're going to blame IW because they don't make a game specifically detailed to what you want? IW owes the gaming community nothing. We are consumers. You try their products - if you don't like it, then don't buy from them again. If you do, then you return. Please don't listen to the pre-emptive BS that most people post on here. They try throwing political mumbo-jumbo into "buying a video game," when it is really just a question of what are you going to enjoy about their product and what you won't. What about other games out there that don't have dedicated servers? What if Diablo 3 doesn't have a dedicated server? Are you going to ban buying from those companies again?

Again: look at the products, take your time and decide if you think you'll enjoy it. Getting worked up about something that isn't even out yet is quite stupid. Enjoy the product for what it is.

Ryric

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Someone explain to me what happened to 49.99 as the price point for PC games? So anyone know where that 16gb is going? Is it due to pretty cutscene movies or what? Interesting that they don't have W7 as a supported OS (obviously it is very similar to vista but still interesting...)

Also do they realize they increase their costs by doing their matchmaking service crap instead of letting us...the end user create and pay for dedicated servers which we naturally prefer. Its a lot more fun to always play on the same server where everyone knows your name, or if you want to scrim just crash another clan's server and ask them and arrange it and jump back to your server... Atleast the part system will help a little..

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]helux[/nom]I have planned on buying this game for a long time. I hate people who just assume that you will pirate just becuse you have a pc. The fact is, is that this game deserves and should be encouraged to be pirated on all platforms due to IW disrespect of the gaming community.[/citation]

These tards dont realize that piracy is just as rampant in consoles. All it takes is a small mod. Look at any torrent boards. You will see listings for PC Games, PSP Games, 360 games, and a few for PS3 have shown up as well.

I ordered the 360 version and will either recreate the new maps and weapons of figure out a way to import them to the dedicated servers of the first Modern Warfare.

weirod

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Why are many people PO'd? It is because wtihout dedicated servers, tight-knit gaming communities will be almost non exsistant, player # limit in a game will be cut by more than half, there will be more servers with more lag, and when a host leaves a game, then everyone gets kicked (and that is one of the most annoying things IMO). Thats on top of what everyone else has been complaining about such as no modding and what not. I'm really miffed about the player limit though. COD4MW had a player limit of 54 in a game for the PC but now with CODMW2 it will be more like the console games where you have like 12 or 16 I think. I dont know about other COD4 gamers but I got good enough to play against 27 opponents at once, so playing against less than 10 will be getting pretty boring.

danallion

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I am very confused in the fact that my lap has 2.1ghz and you need 3.0ghz, how would i solve that, would i have to update to a knew processor?? please help.

G

would my ATI radeon x800 be able to run Cod4MW2??

i have an xp

intel pentium 4 with 2.80-81 ghz

1.50g of ram =( i have 60 dollars and dont wanna buy it if it turns out i can run it

G

I bought the game on PC. Only cause I pre-ordered it before all this sh** about dedicated servers came out. I tried installing the game on my XP PC and single player doesn't work at all. keeps crashing.
Multiplayer isn't that great either. It's mostly spamming grenades, and the weapons take too long to kill imo. COD4 just feels better.
Oh and about the matchmaking. The way it works is that you choose a gametype and then it automaticaly sends you to a room. You cannot CHOOSE teams from what I've seen, and for some reasons I could only choose from 3 game types. (maybe it has something to do with my low level). The matchmaking in terms of choosing playable servers is alright, but I've only played 4 games [1 game probably had around 200ms ping, not good].

G

This is only gonna inspire people to download a pirate copy since the game is less not more.

G

everyone please stop bitching for god's sake about your damn private servers. sure i hate it too that I.F didn't include it but stop protesting that "your not buying the game or paying a cent" and if so don't broadcase because noone gives a damn, and I.F sure as hell doesn't. Flame me for all I care. Accept a great game for what it is.

G

Where all the games you people have written? i wanna play them as you all think your better, and i hope the have DEDICATED SERVERS!!!, at least IW have given you something to whine about.....wankers

G

hello..now i'm using radeon x1650 pro 512mb 128bit and now i have installed cod:modern warfare 2.The problem is when i am playing the it's look very slow and hang badly!!what should i do???

G

Ive got a great PC as far as specs are concerned. It was bought in 2006 and still runs new games without any issue. I got my hands on a copy of modern warfare 2 after finishing the first modern warfare again and again and again (love the game). Imagine my surprise and the subsequent facepalm when the game booted me out to the desktop the first time I tried to run it, telling me I needed current 3.0 shader tech. I didnt plan on a video card update for another year but it looks like I've no choice. All in the name of eye candy.

I've played a large number of FPS games and as far as I'm concerned COD:MW was a well manufactured package all around. I've no opinion on dedicated servers, I don't do hardcore multiplayer. No opinion there. The little bit of the game I played at a buddies house was amazing, I was totally engrossed.

doodurs2

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Play Modern Warfare 2 with any Graphic card. - removes graphic card requirement! Check it out!

youtube.com/watch?v=7Kz0j9krlDo

Status
Not open for further replies.