[SOLVED] Calling all community members please help!!!

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Need some community help if possible. I'm getting frame drops from 60 to 40 (at pretty much 45 sec apart like clockwork) in all games. It happens when my pc is on for a couple of hours. Then goes away if I restart my pc.
All my devices/drivers are updated,
I've done a fresh install of windows using usb boot drive
Fresh gpu driver update using DDU (many times)
All temps are completely normal
Bios is up to date
I've noticed since I installed a couple new fans my gpu fans make a weird swooshing revving up sound. This sound goes away when I put on my msi afterburner fan curve. I had my gpu overclocked with msi afterburners auto oc before, then had an issue with a driver and since then every time I try to do an auto overclock it comes back as unstable. Could it be a gpu bios issue?
Also when I installed my new fans I fooled around with my bios fan curve but have tried to set it back to default. I'm at my wits end about this issue and have tried everything within my knowledge to fix it. Before I send my gpu back for RMA hopefully there is a fix
Please help!!!

GPU- gigabyte aorus 2080 ti
CPU- I7-8700k
MOBO- gigabyte aorus gaming 5
RAM- Gskill trident 3200 16gb
PS- EVGA supernova 100 G3
265 gb 960 evo nvme ssd
1 tb enterprise model ssd

Solution
Cod, assassin's creed, halo, overwatch, slay the spire, farcry, skater xl, dark souls, sekiro, star wars battlefront 2, hitman 3, death stranding, ori and the will of the wisps, nioh 2, rainbow 6 seige, destiny 2.
Those types of games to name a few.

In that case if I were having problems in all those games mentioned, I would refrain from using anything other than just the operating system, minimal drivers and the games to be played... And then if there are still problems, its the hardware at fault.
Nothing is wrong with this community. That's the first time I see your post and you have to understand that people in this forum are not paid to help people. We do this on our own free time. I guess your post was just lost in the hundreds of post we see everyday.

Temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and in-game?

No "It's ok" please. I want numbers.

When you reinstalled Windows you did install the chipset drivers, gpu drivers from nvidia and you did all your Windows update up to "no update available"?

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Nothing is wrong with this community. That's the first time I see your post and you have to understand that people in this forum are not paid to help people. We do this on our own free time. I guess your post was just lost in the hundreds of post we see everyday.

Temperatures of your CPU and GPU at idle and in-game?

No "It's ok" please. I want numbers.

When you reinstalled Windows you did install the chipset drivers, gpu drivers from nvidia and you did all your Windows update up to "no update available"?
I apologize for my anger. Ive been on this site for a pretty long time and it's usually pretty helpful. I've spent a lot of my free spare time helping as well. Just really getting frustrated by this issue.

My gpu temps 35 idle, 70 to 80 during gaming
cpu 32 idle, 50 to 55 during gaming
Yes I've updated my windows fully, chipset driver is good and gpu driver is from nvidia.

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Tested the "Studio Driver" as well? And do a fresh install after DDU.

But since you reinstalled windows and all drivers might it well be the gpu and do talk with the maker (support) about an RMA.
I'm trying to figure out any issue before I rma. Just seems weird a "broken" gpu would fix itself after a restart.
What do you mean by studio driver? I got my driver from nvidia directly and did a clean install with ddu. Even in safe mode as well.

D

Deleted member 14196

When you did the clean windows installed you shouldn’t have to use DDU to remove anything just install the new graphics driver. Perhaps something went wrong going down that road

I would start with a real clean install and that means formatting the hard drive and letting windows re-create the partitions and install windows fresh. Then test it if it’s good leave it alone. if not install the latest Nvidia driver and perhaps your chipset drivers and be done. if that doesn’t work you need to RMA the unit

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Could be power supply issue, could be not proper clean install and fully formatted drive with new partitions, lastly if all things were done could be faulty GPU, or the method used to install drivers witch has great chance to go wrong if not done exactly right.

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Could be power supply issue, could be not proper clean install and fully formatted drive with new partitions, lastly if all things were done could be faulty GPU, or the method used to install drivers witch has great chance to go wrong if not done exactly right.
I'm using a windows boot drive that I made to do my re installs.

itsdigger

Reputable
Jan 11, 2018
That GPU is running great! I think it's still overclocked though. It seem like there is a little something going on with the m.2 drive. Maybe get everything back to stock except leave XMP on for the RAM and try swapping m.2 positions.

P.S . Was this happening before you installed MSI Afterburner ?

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
That GPU is running great! I think it's still overclocked though. It seem like there is a little something going on with the m.2 drive. Maybe get everything back to stock except leave XMP on for the RAM and try swapping m.2 positions.

P.S . Was this happening before you installed MSI Afterburner ?
Maybe it could be my ssd. It has my os and applications on it. This issue has been going on for awhile now.
By putting everything back to stock in bios. you just mean everything on default?
Its just really weird it fixes itself from a fresh restart. Good for a couple of hours then happens again. Only to be fixed again by a restart.

itsdigger

Reputable
Jan 11, 2018
Yes! I would start by setting everything back to default in the BIOS except for the XMP setting turned on for the RAM.

No guarantees but stock is always a good place to start :vip: