Camcorder to hard drive problem - please help !

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I tried recording video from my digital camcorder via firewire to
> computer/XP/2400Mhz/512MBram
> and the video would freeze for 1/2 second or so during the recording every
> 20-30 seconds or so . This also showed up on the DVD I made .
> Again I tried recording analog video on another
computer/XP/1800Mhz/512MBram
> via a transfer device . Again I could see / on the computer observing the
> video on the software / that the video was having the same problem .
> What am I doing wrong ? I tried all the different recording settings / low
> quality,medium,best and all
> the options in " other " available / .
> For digital recording I used the Panasonic software that came with the
> camera and for the analog video / a Canon camcorder / I used MS movie
maker
> .
> It did this for " clips" as well as continuous recording with the same
> result .
> Greg

Greg,

Is your harddisk fast enough? If you are converting analog to miniDV your
disk must be capable of more than 4 Mb/s, well defragmented and have plenty
of space. Besides you should store the video files on a physically separate
disk and not on the same disk as where you have your software. If your
computer is fast enough - and it probably is if not too many resident
programs are running in the background - you could manage with a separate
partition on your main disk. If you convert analog to digital and use a
mjpeg codec you will need much faster disks depending on the required
quality.

Peter

"Greg" <gjp2@sbcglobal.net> skrev i meddelandet
> I tried recording video from my digital camcorder via firewire to
> > computer/XP/2400Mhz/512MBram
> > and the video would freeze for 1/2 second or so during the recording
every
> > 20-30 seconds or so . This also showed up on the DVD I made .
> > Again I tried recording analog video on another
> computer/XP/1800Mhz/512MBram
> > via a transfer device . Again I could see / on the computer observing
the
> > video on the software / that the video was having the same problem .
> > What am I doing wrong ? I tried all the different recording settings /
low
> > quality,medium,best and all
> > the options in " other " available / .
> > For digital recording I used the Panasonic software that came with the
> > camera and for the analog video / a Canon camcorder / I used MS movie
> maker
> > .
> > It did this for " clips" as well as continuous recording with the same
> > result .
> > Greg

TRENDING THREADS