[SOLVED] Can a copper radiator on Mosfet chip touching the Chokes cause an electrical short?

Aug 8, 2021
Due to certain reasons, I removed big radiator from MSI strix motherboard and installed my own smaller copper radiators on Mosfet chips, but I noticed too late that one of the copper radiator is now touching the choke(rows of shiny cubical things on motherboard).

So my question is, will it cause electrical short and kill the MB? Or is it fine?

The thermal glue I used consisted of 2 separate compounds, which are mixed and applied on mosfets. Right now they are as hard as stone. I don't think I'll be able to tear that radiator off and reapply it.

Solution
I'm not sure if chokes are enclosed or not. So here is the photo, are they enclosed?

k0uZEOW.jpg
Yes, they are. With older, open types you can see actual coil.
PS. Chokes can also get hot, if they are maybe you should place some coolers on them too.
Due to certain reasons, I removed big radiator from MSI strix motherboard and installed my own smaller copper radiators on Mosfet chips, but I noticed too late that one of the copper radiator is now touching the choke(rows of shiny cubical things on motherboard).

So my question is, will it cause electrical short and kill the MB? Or is it fine?

The thermal glue I used consisted of 2 separate compounds, which are mixed and applied on mosfets. Right now they are as hard as stone. I don't think I'll be able to tear that radiator off and reapply it.
If chokes are enclosed, no problem

Reactions: Hokunin