[SOLVED] Can a short-term increase in processor voltage require more voltage in the future?

nazar21015

Reputable
Aug 10, 2020
I have i5 6400@4,5 ghz at 1.32V(cpu-z) 1.33(in bios) V. I tried overclocking to more hz and increase a voltage to 1,39.I couldn't get a higher frequency and now I have rare BSODS at full CPU load. Is my processor degraded now and he needs more voltage?
P.s. ram AMD 2016 at 2666 1.26v CR1 14-14-14-33-330.Maybe I should revise these parameters?
P.SS. sorry for my bad english.

Solution
BTW: There is such a thing as electron migration leading to path decays (silicon degredation) which requires more voltage to fix. This happens if you overvolt too much. Once you reach that point, there is nothing you can do but up the voltage more. (Which will speed up the degradation) till you get full failure.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
errrrrrrrrrrr. that chip cant be overclocked.. are you sure that you have written down the correct CPU

and yes, running a heavy overclock on a cpu will reduce its stability, you may find that a while after applying an overclock, you have to throw more voltage at the cpu

Reactions: digitalgriffin
errrrrrrrrrrr. that chip cant be overclocked.. are you sure that you have written down the correct CPU

and yes, running a heavy overclock on a cpu will reduce its stability, you may find that a while after applying an overclock, you have to throw more voltage at the cpu

Why do you have AMD branded RAM in your system? It will work. It's just a curiosity to use it on an Intel system.

BTW: There is such a thing as electron migration leading to path decays (silicon degredation) which requires more voltage to fix. This happens if you overvolt too much. Once you reach that point, there is nothing you can do but up the voltage more. (Which will speed up the degradation) till you get full failure.

Solution