Question can an immidiate power blackout at boot process damage components ?

Feb 9, 2021
actually my first daughter yanked the power cable from the electric socket when her younger sister accidentally turn on my pc.

now i've stuck at windows 10 logo . It takes 30 minutes from POST to win logo. and still nothing

i even can't move past the logo . like.it takes forever to boot
What could have happened...
Windows was writing to the drive when the power got cut.
Now you have a file that's corrupt.
Windows needs this file to boot and can't.
As I said...I may consider a clean install of Windows.
If you need files off the drive you have...do a clean install of Windows on a different drive....with only that drive connected....then power down and add the old drive and you may be able to get data from it.

Feb 5, 2021
You can try this first, although my experience with this has yielded few positive results. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/repair-windows-10

You can also try booting into safe mode, or boot to a USB stick that has Windows 10 install media on it and try to repair it that way. Just some options before needing to do a clean install. I concur with everyone here. Doesn't seem like a hardware issue, more like a corruption of Windows files.

Reactions: Krotow
Feb 9, 2021
You can try this first, although my experience with this has yielded few positive results. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/repair-windows-10

You can also try booting into safe mode, or boot to a USB stick that has Windows 10 install media on it and try to repair it that way. Just some options before needing to do a clean install. I concur with everyone here. Doesn't seem like a hardware issue, more like a corruption of Windows files.
i'm stuck at POST . i press esc. nothing. like . forever. stuck .

Feb 9, 2021
UPDATE : I got home from a trip today and try to clean my pc. i got into windows ! even. i installed the onboard graphic driver. but when i restart after driver installation.. i'm back being . well... stuck at POST