Question Can anyone confirm if my cpu is the reason black screen immediately after turning my pc on?

Feb 23, 2024
Specs
4070ti
13700kf
ASUS prime Z790-v Wi-Fi
750w power spec bronze rated PS

So I decided it was time to upgrade my cpu cooler because I had a crappy air cooler cooling my i7 13700kf. I was buying ram for another pc and they offered a used NZXT kraken 240mm for cheap and I decided to get it. I hooked it up and booted my pc up and my pc immediately gave me a warning that my cpu was overheating. I turned it off right away and let it cook for 10 min. Then I took the block off and cpu out and made sure all the connections/everything else was good. Everything looked good so I put everything back and turned it back on. I was able to boot into Windows but everything was super slow and I could barely open Google tabs. I turned my pc off and eventually took the cpu out and replaced the cooler with a DeepCool Ls520. When I was cleaning the thermal paste off, I got some of the cotton in my motherboard cpu pins so I tried taking it out and accidentally bent two of the pins. I tried my best to bend them back but couldn’t get them straight again. I figured it wouldn’t work but I made the dumb choice of trying to turn it back on. All the fans and RGB were on but I kept getting a black screen for about 15 seconds and then my pc restarts and does the same thing over and over. I had another motherboard so I ended up changing that out and bought new ram just incase that was the issue. Turned my pc back on and it’s doing the same thing still. I’m assuming the cpu is cooked but can anyone confirm that’s what would be causing the black screen before I buy a new one. I’m sorry for the super long message but I can’t find anything online and just want to be as thorough as possible.

Quite a bit of information here. The pin information isn't encouraging, but I'd see that ruining the board long before the CPU, unless there are possibly pins touching where they shouldn't besides bent. What was the other motherboard make/model and RAM combo? Current RAM in use the same before the cooler swap? D Can you provide pics if the board damage? CMOS battery removed for a few minutes and reinstalled on both boards prior to the swap to test? Does either motherboard have onboard diagnostic/POST LEDs? I may be late to respond as I have work tomorrow, lol. I'll monitor this post though.

Feb 23, 2024
Quite a bit of information here. The pin information isn't encouraging, but I'd see that ruining the board long before the CPU, unless there are possibly pins touching where they shouldn't besides bent. What was the other motherboard make/model and RAM combo? Current RAM in use the same before the cooler swap? D Can you provide pics if the board damage? CMOS battery removed for a few minutes and reinstalled on both boards prior to the swap to test? Does either motherboard have onboard diagnostic/POST LEDs? I may be late to respond as I have work tomorrow, lol. I'll monitor this post though.
Haha sorry about that. The old motherboard was an MSI z790-p Wi-Fi and the ram was 32gb G Skill Ripjaws DDr4-3200. I had to upgrade that to TeamGroup 32gb ddr5 6000 because of my new motherboard. And no it’s different ram in right now with the new cooler but I had it with the old motherboard and ram combo and it didn’t work. I tried taking cmos battery out as well. This motherboard doesn’t have post leds but the old one did and the cpu led would be red for a few seconds and then the ram led was orange for A few a seconds and then they went off completely. Thank you for taking the time to answer

Feb 23, 2024
Thank you for the update. Any changes made today or attempts to get going again. Does the btm of the CPU show any signs of burns? CPU socket pictures by chance?
Hey so I tried turning my pc on like 20 min ago and it wasn’t shutting off right away so I started spamming delete to see if it would load into bios. It actually ended up loading into bios so I tried exiting and loading into windows. It gave me an error message and said it was finding what the issue was. After about a minute, windows actually loaded up and now I’m just sitting in windows figuring out the next step. Do you have any ideas what could be the problem/ if there even is a problem? Or just any insight on what the next step should be?

It sounds like the windows repair may have fixed your OS from the multiple improper startups. I'd check temps, fans, and other info with software like HWinfo64. Windows logs for errors and running command prompt (elevated) Sfc /scannow command to verify integrity. Otherwise, general everyday usage and see if any issues crop up.