Question Can anyone help with my new Ryzen 3700x not posting?

Sep 22, 2019
I've been trying to troubleshoot this problem for nearly a month now.

I bought a Ryzen 3700x and upgraded it from a Ryzen 5 1400. I updated to the most recent bios before I installed the new part.

When powered on my computer will not POST and the CPU debug LED is a solid red.

I have tried every compatible BIOS versions, tried to boot with only one ram in every slot, took out the CMOS battery to reset my BIOS. I even bought a new ASRock Phantom gaming 4 because i assumed it was an issue with the MSI MOBO. When my parts are installed into the new ASRock MOBO my system power cycles every 15 seconds with the DRAM and CPU LEDs on. This is also the second 3700x chip i have tried, i returned the first one for replacement but this second one is having the same issue.

I am pretty lost right now and help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 22, 2019
What exact motherboard did you have and do you now have? What chipset?
What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model?
I bought a new motherboard thinking it would solve the issue but it did not. Currently using a MSI x470 gaming plus. New motherboard (the one I am currently NOT using is an ASRock Phantom Gaming 4).

RAM: GEIL Superluce 2x8 GB
GPU: MSI 1660ti armor OC
PSU: Apevia ATX-PR800W
Storage: Western DIgital 1 TB HDD + 225 GB SSD Combo

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Apologies, I have been away.

I would cover EACH and every step in this guide as a first port of call and feedback: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Obviously firt point would be ensuring the chipset is compatible with the CPU itself or that the BIOS has been completely updated, if you are saying your latest MB is the X570 chipset, then you're eradicating that issue.