Question Can anyone recommend me a vertical cpu cooler something around 25USD

Nov 10, 2022
-My motherboard is a MSI X570 Meg Ace (AM4 CPU socket)
-My pc case is a Cooler Master SL600m

I need a cpu cooler that can be vertically mounted and compatible with my motherboard since my pc case is (bottom > top) exhaust

I'm just concern that having a cpu cooler that moves air front to back(ram slot to rear I/O ports) would not greatly do something to my cpu tems as I mentioned my pc case is bottom to top exhaust

Pyrokinetic

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
To answer your question to get what you are looking for -- you need a different motherboard with a non-standard 90-degree rotated cpu socket -- such as the EVGA X570 DARK. That way you are able to mount a tower cooler that will exhaust toward the top of your case. I know of no rotatable heatsink for your motherboard or for any standard mounted AM4 socket. A bit skeptical about the $25.00 heatsink budget, but would extend that $10 to $15 more and get the excellent Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE.
EVGA X570 Dark Review: EVGA Embraces AMD | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)
Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE Review: Incredible, Affordable Air Cooling Performance | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

Reactions: poru
Nov 10, 2022
To answer your question to get what you are looking for -- you need a different motherboard with a non-standard 90-degree rotated cpu socket -- such as the EVGA X570 DARK. That way you are able to mount a tower cooler that will exhaust toward the top of your case. I know of no rotatable heatsink for your motherboard or for any standard mounted AM4 socket. A bit skeptical about the $25.00 heatsink budget, but would extend that $10 to $15 more and get the excellent Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE.
EVGA X570 Dark Review: EVGA Embraces AMD | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)
Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE Review: Incredible, Affordable Air Cooling Performance | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)
Noted. Thanks for the help! I'll see if I can increase my budget for the air cooling you recommended.