[SOLVED] Can barely meet 60fps in most games at 1080p

Nov 24, 2018
I'd have expected this build to be overkill for 1080p gaming, or suitable for 1440p it can't get above 20fps on 1440p or higher and 1080p only hit 60 on low requirement games

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
Motherboard: ASUS H170 PRO GAMING
RAM: 16GB DDR4
PSU: 850w

With all of this I was expecting to at least maintain 60fps at 1080p, in games such as Hitman(2016) or DOOM(2014) but more often than not I'm sitting anywhere between 48-60, I've checked drivers, temps and haven't found any issue.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to stuff like this, and can't for the life of me figure out what the issue is.

Solution
As someone else said check Nvidia GeForce experience and make sure it isn’t supersampling. If you enabled optimization through it it could be using settings you don’t want or need.
This a new build or an ongoing problem? If new, gotta say its an odd collection of parts.

What’s the exact make and model of psu?

Have you done a fresh install of Windows?

Updated mobo bios and installed latest drivers (chipset, lan, storage, etc) from the mobo site?

New or used parts?

Nov 24, 2018

Had it for about a year now, only now getting annoyed by it, I've had 2 reinstals of windows since getting it, updated drivers, but I don't know about the mobo bios, new parts

update: Just checked the mobo, it was a year out of date, updated it now, going to test if this has fixed it

Update 2: Has not fixed it