Can GeForce Settings Screw Up I Explorer

Camaro

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002
I was benchmarking my system (P4 2.26 Ghz, Asus P4S533, 512 pc2700, AsusGeForce TI 4600 and Win XP)with 3DMark 2001 and changing some of the settings to improve performance (i.e., vsync off) and for some reason, Explorer 6 won't open second windows. The primary works fine, but when the web page goes to open a second window, it hangs. I revered the video card setting back to defaut. Also, I had updated the Nvidia driver with the detonator ones and then reinstalled the original to see if the new one was the problem but no good. I noticed that my bios was set to pci video rather than AGP so I switched that to AGP and that's when I noticed the problem. I went back to PCI and still no good. The only other problem is that Norton SystemWorks 2002 won't run its one button scan. Windoctor worked fine. Any idea what would do this? I reinstalled explorer, I'm thinking I might have to reinstall XP. . . don't really want to, but I don't know.
Thanks in advance.

Camaro

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002
Can anyone suggest a different forum for this problem? I thought it might be a graphics thing, but I'm not sure.
Thanks