Question Can I fit RX 570

Jun 6, 2020
So guys I bought a HP EliteDesk 800 G1 with,
CPU: I5-4590 3.3GHz
RAM:8GB DDR3
PSU:320W :(
HDD:1T

Now I had DVD Reader but I took it off to save even a bit of W for a GPU.
I was considering maybe STRIX RX 570 4GB DDR5, or AREZ RX 560 GB DDR5.
My question would be can my PSU run all components without catching fire or exploding.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Best way to check if you can fit a GPU is to measure the length from the PCI-E slot shields to the drive bay. If it passes your GPU's length, you can most likely fit it. Although, make sure to account for any hard drives that might be in the way of the PSU power connectors on the GPU, as I know that's a problem with most prebuilts.

I wouldn't trust that PSU with any modern hardware considering it's a standard OEM prebuilt PSU. Replace it with a 550W PSU at the very least that is from a reliable manufacturer and that has all the connectors for your motherboard. I would recommend the CX 550, although I haven't checked out your motherboard so you'll have to see if all the connectors are present yourself.

DVD drive power draw is very insignificant.

Jun 6, 2020
Best way to check if you can fit a GPU is to measure the length from the PCI-E slot shields to the drive bay. If it passes your GPU's length, you can most likely fit it. Although, make sure to account for any hard drives that might be in the way of the PSU power connectors on the GPU, as I know that's a problem with most prebuilts.

I wouldn't trust that PSU with any modern hardware considering it's a standard OEM prebuilt PSU. Replace it with a 550W PSU at the very least that is from a reliable manufacturer and that has all the connectors for your motherboard. I would recommend the CX 550, although I haven't checked out your motherboard so you'll have to see if all the connectors are present yourself.

DVD drive power draw is very insignificant.

I would buy 550W but it won't fit in the case, thats the main reason I choose those GPU's. On the other side motherboard isn't any good, it doesn't support overclock SO I would have to buy a new case and a new motherboard that can fit I5-4590 and DDR3