Nayanmanna

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Hello guys,
I just upgraded my pc and add a new gpu which is RTX 3060 (before I have 1050ti) & also upgrade to 12400f and the mobo. Before during power cut and during running of a game my 600VA UPS handles and gives me around 10 to 15 mins backup but now UPS just switching off right now or might run max 1 mins. I just want to know if I add somehow another 12v 7ah UPS battery with the pre installed battery (Series/Parallel ??) will it work.

How old is the UPS. Most batteries start to have issue at about 3yrs and almost all fail after about 5yrs.
I would just replace the battery to start with. Look around you likely can get a 9ah battery that is the same physical size.

You could in theory wire a huge external battery to the internal battery or just replace it completely with a external battery.
The main issue would be are the components in the UPS good enough to last as long as the batteries. The circuits that do things like charge the battery or covert 12volts dc to AC power get hot as they are used. It all depends on if they fail because you ran then for say 1 hour rather than 15 minutes. It cost more for the parts that can run continuously. There is no way to say for sure how much extra battery you can add.

You can find all kinds of stuff like this you can actually build your own UPS if you look around on places that sell off grid solar equipment. This type of equipment is rated to run 24x7x365

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
I've connected larger capacity 10Ahr batteries to a couple of old Belkin 650VA UPS which are at least 15 years old and they work fine. The new glass mat batteries are too big to fit inside the Belkins, but they were cheaper than the original 12V 7Ahr batteries.