[SOLVED] Can I install RGB fans on my Gigabyte B250M D3H motherboard?

Apr 21, 2021
I've a Cooler Master Storm Stryker (White) cabinet and Gigabyte B250M D3H motherboard, I want to replace all the fans that came with my cabinet;
2 front 120mm White LED Fans which are controlled by the front panel buttons on the cabinet
200mm fan at the top (without LED)
120 mm fan at the back.

From what I've checked, my motherboard has 3 pin headers for fans and RGB Fans come with a 4 plug connector. Can I replace my old fans with new RGB fans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Well, PWM fans come with a 4-pin connector for use with a motherboard for direct RPM control. Addressable RGB fans come a separate connector for controlling the LEDs, either 5V or 12V.

For your purposes, best to look at something that comes with an RGB fan controller/hub with a USB connection to the motherboard for control.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, PWM fans come with a 4-pin connector for use with a motherboard for direct RPM control. Addressable RGB fans come a separate connector for controlling the LEDs, either 5V or 12V.

For your purposes, best to look at something that comes with an RGB fan controller/hub with a USB connection to the motherboard for control.

Solution
Apr 21, 2021