[SOLVED] Can I plug USB header in COM1 header?

May 26, 2021
So, long story short, i have an outdated motherboard and it has COM1 header, but i require more USB ports, and the COM1 header looks very much like the USB header. So the question i have can I plug the USB header in COM1 and have the computer detect it as a USB port?

Solution
So, long story short, i have an outdated motherboard and it has COM1 header, but i require more USB ports, and the COM1 header looks very much like the USB header. So the question i have can I plug the USB header in COM1 and have the computer detect it as a USB port?
No. Serial port and USB are not the same thing. You will have to buy an add in card if you need more USB ports.

kanewolf

Titan
No. Serial port and USB are not the same thing. You will have to buy an add in card if you need more USB ports.

Solution