[SOLVED] Can I run a this game on my cpu when it asks for a different one

Apr 5, 2020
The game is the golf club 2019. I have an i3-4160 but minimum spec asks for a i5-760 which I thought was a "worse" cpu besides being 4 core

I have a 1050 gpu when the recommended is a 660

Solution
Awesome thanks, so to get this straight, my gpu is good. and so is my cpu? part of me is wondering if it needs 4 cores because why else would they put a minimum of a i5-760 (ps this all new to me)
This should help clarify things a bit:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-760-vs-Intel-i3-4160/773vs2317

As you can see, your i3-4160 will still appear to the game as having 4 cores, but the more important part is that your cpu has a much higher single thread speed.
it should work fine
minimum requirements are mainly for cpu/gpu capabilities (cpu instructions, supported directX) to even run that game at minimum 30fps
your cpu should be stronger than (cores doesnt matter)
but it doesnt meet recommended performance (i5-4670), so fps can hover between 30-60fps
gpu is ok

Reactions: CrazyZach
Apr 5, 2020
it should work fine
minimum requirements are mainly for cpu/gpu capabilities (cpu instructions, supported directX) to even run that game at minimum 30fps
your cpu should be stronger than (cores doesnt matter)
but it doesnt meet recommended performance (i5-4670), so fps can hover between 30-60fps
gpu is ok
Awesome thanks, so to get this straight, my gpu is good. and so is my cpu? part of me is wondering if it needs 4 cores because why else would they put a minimum of a i5-760 (ps this all new to me)

This should help clarify things a bit:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-760-vs-Intel-i3-4160/773vs2317

As you can see, your i3-4160 will still appear to the game as having 4 cores, but the more important part is that your cpu has a much higher single thread speed.

Reactions: CrazyZach
Solution