[SOLVED] Can I upgrade my pre-built's gpu to an rtx 2060?

Solution
Read on google Dell XPS 8930 Desktop PC has made some desktops 2060 so i think it depends if your gpu can fit in between motherboard and that metel door thing!

dell_xps_8930_image_5.jpg

Mywifidoodoohelp

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
Read on google Dell XPS 8930 Desktop PC has made some desktops 2060 so i think it depends if your gpu can fit in between motherboard and that metel door thing!

dell_xps_8930_image_5.jpg
Ok i have 2 more questions:
  1. Is the only way to find out if it would fit in my pc to buy it and see or can i open up my pc and somehow measure and see if it meets certain dimension requirements before purchasing the card?
  2. I looked it up and i believe my pc has a 460 watt powrr supply and the 2060 i asked about says recommended 500 watt. Is this significant? If so, what are the downsides and do you know of any alternative gpus that might be a safer option?

Thank you so much!

Ok i have 2 more questions:
  1. Is the only way to find out if it would fit in my pc to buy it and see or can i open up my pc and somehow measure and see if it meets certain dimension requirements before purchasing the card?
  2. I looked it up and i believe my pc has a 460 watt powrr supply and the 2060 i asked about says recommended 500 watt. Is this significant? If so, what are the downsides and do you know of any alternative gpus that might be a safer option?
Thank you so much!

You need a stornger PSU to get that GPU running some people may try it but would not risk it and always will go whats recommended !