[SOLVED] Can I use my TV as a second monitor?

Mar 24, 2020
I have:
  • GeForce GTX 960 graphics card
  • Intel Core i5-6500 CPU
  • 16GB RAM
  • Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B150M PRO GAMING (LGA1151)
  • Prosonic 40LED5008SW TV

Are these good enough to use a second monitor? I have tried to plug my TV into the second HDMI port I have on my computer, but I can't get the screen to extend onto my TV. I've tried wireless display, and it works, but the screen looks all glitchy, and it's extremely laggy. (I don't know the right terms, since I'm not very smart, when it comes to all of this technological stuff.)

Solution
I have:
  • Intel Core i5-6500 CPU
  • 16GB RAM
Are these good enough to use a second monitor? I have tried to plug my TV into the second HDMI port I have on my computer, but I can't get the screen to extend onto my TV. I've tried wireless display, and it works, but the screen looks all glitchy, and it's extremely laggy. (I don't know the right terms, since I'm not very smart, when it comes to all of this technological stuff.)
I would expect that you should be able to use it as a second monitor by attaching it to HDMI, setting the TV input to that HDMI port, and then changing your display settings in...

RealBeast

Titan
I have:
  • Intel Core i5-6500 CPU
  • 16GB RAM
I would expect that you should be able to use it as a second monitor by attaching it to HDMI, setting the TV input to that HDMI port, and then changing your display settings in the Windows control panel. I don't know that particular TV so cannot give you much more guidance other than it may be better to use it as an extended landscape type display.

Solution