Question can i7 14700kf will be fine with Cooler Master ML360L V2 ARGB WHITE LIQUID COOLER

Jul 11, 2024
can i7 14700kf will be fine with Cooler Master ML360L V2 ARGB WHITE LIQUID COOLER?
i gonna replace my i7 14700f for 14700k for no money i get mybe 60c not beyond are the 14700k will be same?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
14700k can pull a lot more power, but a 360mm radiator should be plenty. You will want to make sure that the board abides by Intel's power limit rules though, many boards by default push the max wattage to the same as that of the 13900ks/14900ks at 320W. 14700k/14700kf max is 253W. You can also set this a little lower to control temperatures. The CPU will still performance quite well even limited to the same 125W max boost as the 14700f.

Jul 11, 2024
14700k can pull a lot more power, but a 360mm radiator should be plenty. You will want to make sure that the board abides by Intel's power limit rules though, many boards by default push the max wattage to the same as that of the 13900ks/14900ks at 320W. 14700k/14700kf max is 253W. You can also set this a little lower to control temperatures. The CPU will still performance quite well even limited to the same 125W max boost as the 14700f.
sorry i dident well understand what u saying if u can speak in very simple words

mrmaruniversal

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
sorry i dident well understand what u saying if u can speak in very simple words
What Eximo means is to access the BIOS during boot (pressing delete usually during the boot until a screen with a bunch of settings show up) and somewhere in the 'advanced' section you can find some overclock settings. Depending on the motherboard and BIOs version (Bios is the settings for the motherboard) somewhere there will be settings related to core enchancement or performance. Within those settings you want to select INTEL settings. Which will apply proper power controls to your CPU. You can also google or youtube 14700k overclocking videos, and somewhere they may explain Intel stock limits.

Going from a 14700F to 14700K will increase your temperatures.

The cooler itself is fine for the 14700K, but that CPU uses more power and has a different power profile which is what will cause the temperatures to be higher.

The standard way the 14700F works is that it can turbo for a short period of time consuming up to 219W and then it will drop back to 65W.

The standard way the 14700K works is unlimited turbo time and consuming up to 253W which is why the temperatures will be higher.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jul 11, 2024
Going from a 14700F to 14700K will increase your temperatures.

The cooler itself is fine for the 14700K, but that CPU uses more power and has a different power profile which is what will cause the temperatures to be higher.

The standard way the 14700F works is that it can turbo for a short period of time consuming up to 219W and then it will drop back to 65W.

The standard way the 14700K works is unlimited turbo time and consuming up to 253W which is why the temperatures will be higher.
even with no overclocking?

Jul 11, 2024
Different bins too. The specs aside, the K chips are not where Intel really wants them - leakier, and thus less power efficient than the non-K ones.
Another way to look at it: K cpus are the prototypes.
can it work with my cooller? and how much celuis? i gonna get 60 65 70 80?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
can it work with my cooller? and how much celuis? i gonna get 60 65 70 80?
If you are not more specific in how the cpu is used, then it's both yes and no.
No: cpu benchmarks, or other all core loads where the motherboard is not set to Intel's baseline power profile. Most boards have not been following it, instead opting for too aggressive high performance settings.
[You will have to check either through bios or hwinfo, and then update the bios IF necessary.]

Yes: just about everything else.

Jul 11, 2024
If you are not more specific in how the cpu is used, then it's both yes and no.
No: cpu benchmarks, or other all core loads where the motherboard is not set to Intel's baseline power profile. Most boards have not been following it, instead opting for too aggressive high performance settings.
[You will have to check either through bios or hwinfo, and then update the bios IF necessary.]

Yes: just about everything else.
gaming mostly

how much im gonna get? between 60 to 70? btw now im no crossing the 60
That's hard to say, as we don't know unless each games is tested. It's really game dependant, as each game will put a different load on the CPU and GPU. Only you can say what temps.

As pointed out though. The cooler is sufficient for your CPU. Whether or not it passes some arbitrary line of temp reading, is almost irrelevant. All 14th gen CPU run hot. Same with Zen4 AMD to a lesser extent.

Jul 11, 2024
That's hard to say, as we don't know unless each games is tested. It's really game dependant, as each game will put a different load on the CPU and GPU. Only you can say what temps.

As pointed out though. The cooler is sufficient for your CPU. Whether or not it passes some arbitrary line of temp reading, is almost irrelevant. All 14th gen CPU run hot. Same with Zen4 AMD to a lesser extent.
it is worth to to this upgrade? for now and the future?

Jul 11, 2024
IMO, if it's zero cost then why not. Just be aware it will run hotter than the 14700. How much depends on what settings you use. But, just to be clear, there will hardly be much difference in terms of gaming. Both are very strong gmers regardless of 'k' or not.
you mean i will notice difference in gaming or not or barely?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
how much im gonna get? between 60 to 70? btw now im no crossing the 60
No one but you is going to know that. There's no way for us to calculate that.

Huh!? K processors are binned, so better silicon. Not worse, no?
I learned from @uWebb429 that K SKUs are the voltage/power leaky, imperfect chips. The non-Ks are the good ones.
Notice how the Ks are released first? They didn't meet Intel's requirements for non-K, it's not the other way around.
Ever since I found that out, combined with how little OCing headroom these cpus have now, my opinion went to, "K SKUs, and perhaps Z boards are a waste of cash for many users."

With the crashing/degrading shenanigans going on right now, the OP switching from a non-K to a K probably isn't a good move...

I learned from @uWebb429 that K SKUs are the voltage/power leaky, imperfect chips. The non-Ks are the good ones.
Notice how the Ks are released first? They didn't meet Intel's requirements for non-K, it's not the other way around.
Ever since I found that out, combined with how little OCing headroom these cpus have now, my opinion went to, "K SKUs, and perhaps Z boards are a waste of cash for many users."
Okay, that's interesting to know. I guess we've always been fed the line that 'k' series are binned for higher quality which allows them to OC. Whilst the vanilla non k aren't so, or are defective chips with sections of the CPU disabled to meet the non-k standard.
With the crashing/degrading shenanigans going on right now, the OP switching from a non-K to a K probably isn't a good move...
Oh, I agree, and have said in my posts that the difference is minimal in terms of FPS and can only be differentiated by a few % even when the 'k' version is OC'd.