[SOLVED] Can my parts be dead or defective because of this?

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
Hi.

I had the silly idea (and maybe dumb) of taking a pic to show off the parts i recently bought. Thing is i displayed it in a... unusual surface (for the lols) and i was told that my parts could be either dead or defective due to static discharge but the parts were/are sealed from the manufacturer so i thought there wouldn't be a problem... Did i made a huge mistake? =/ Can they truly be damaged? They were very costly > https://postimg.cc/gxd4qKcj They are still sealed.

Thanks

Solution
No, it is very unlikely that any part is damaged since it was all sealed.

But in the other hand, rubbing against a surface and if that results in a powerful esd discharge (those that make you jump, not for joy) could potentially reach behind regular plastic cover. It can, but not likely.

But in the other hand, rubbing against a surface and if that results in a powerful esd discharge (those that make you jump, not for joy) could potentially reach behind regular plastic cover. It can, but not likely.

Reactions: OGSnow
Solution

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

No it wasn't rubbed at all! In fact, i put it very gently not to wake the cat! One of the rams slid down a tiny bit for a third of a second. Probably not even worth mentioning. Now i wonder if the person that told me was trolling or just being over the top i mean it couldn't be that fragile! Specially sealed...

Thanks for helping out xD

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, you shouldn't have any problem. Maybe if you were actually building on your cat, but not for something like this!

Also, check the specs on the cat, 64 GB might be too much for its memory controller! What motherboard do you have? One of my cats overclocks very well, but my oldest is usually stuck at idle.

Reactions: OGSnow

OGSnow

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
Yeah, you shouldn't have any problem. Maybe if you were actually building on your cat, but not for something like this!

Also, check the specs on the cat, 64 GB might be too much for its memory controller! What motherboard do you have? One of my cats overclocks very well, but my oldest is usually stuck at idle.

Got a Rampage V Edition 10 i Should be able to OC my cat effectively but you know that silicone lottery thing i might've gotten a cat with a weak chip

Thanks!

Reactions: DSzymborski

TRENDING THREADS