Question can not connect tv and pc with wired connection

Sep 17, 2019
Hello,
I have brand new samsung smart tv q6 series 65, and i just bought brand new router ( because old one cant really play 4k).
I used to put my pc and tv into wired connection ( with network cable cat 7) but after upgrade my pc or phone no longer see my tv ( when i go up to my router settings it shows just fine)
i used to be able acces my wired tv with phone ( wifi ) i had one network and now everythin stoped wroking
router model:
d'link 882

edit: i can mirror py pc screen but i can not stream video there is no option for that from cast to meniu

Last edited:

svalbaard

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Basic checks : Can the TV connect to the router via a wireless rather than via an ethernet cable? Are both PC and TV on the same subnet and receiving separate IP addresses via DHCP? Do they all try to resolve to the same IP gateway on the router? Does the router see the TV as a device in it's client list?

Is the TV ethernet cable plugged into a valid port on the router?

When you say "cast" do you mean you are using Chromecast? I have the YT app built into my Sony TV, but I still needed to reconfigure the dongle and pair them in the YT phone app to make it cast when I replaced TVs.

Hope that helps initially.

Sep 17, 2019
yea, all dive have different ip adress dhcp same router they are all connected into correct lan slots. when i had old router i was able to connect my tv with wire ( better connection ) and use my phone ( wifi ) and they can cast youtube or your own video/pictures.... with new router there is no option cast on tv from phone or pc i can mirror screen but there is so stream/cast option