Can someone answer this question about Atari Space Lords?

mo

Hi group, I just purchased an Atari Space Lords PCB that I believe is
JAMMA. My question is this, I do not have a SL system, just a
dedicated Mortal Kombat II. Can I just plug the SL into this to test
to see that it works? (I don't want to play it as I know the controls
are different). Will it work with only one side of the JAMMA plug
connected? Will it work on the MK's Monitor? Is the power the same?
Which of the two JAMMA connectors do I plug it into, top or bottom and
does it matter? Thanks!

Mo

You can test one Space Lords board in any JAMMA/standard res set up.
(I've done it on a couple machines). The controls are analog and off
the normal jamma pins, but the sound and video are standard.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'one side of the jamma plug', but if you
have both boards (for the whole 4 player deal), I've found one is
dependent on the other to boot. So when you plug in one, it may work
fine, but the other will stall out waiting for the first.

There are a couple other things you can't really test without a SL
cabinet, like the light bars below the marquee that flash when you get
hit.

Seth
pgh, pa

TRENDING THREADS