Can someone help me with my PC specs?

LTWestra

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Hi, I got my tech store to build a pc in my price range that would at least play on normal settings, but when i got it all i can do is play on low settings with low resolution, here are my specs

Asus H87M-PLUS LGA 1150 Motherboard
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Kingston memory
Asus GTX760 2gb GDDR5 Video card
750W PSU Thermaltake
WD 1TB Hard Drive
LG DVD-Drive 48x
Windows 7 Pro
Intel core i5-4440 3.1/3.3 GHz CPU

I'm wondering if my PC is completely unprepared for modern games or if theirs only one thing i need to replace, Thnx.

Solution
The easiest program for specs is CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/ (part way down, latest is cpu-z v1.66)

Tips:

1) Ensure monitor plugged into graphics card as mentioned (though I don't believe you have an iGPU anyway in that CPU so you likely only have graphics via the GTX760).

2) Update/reinstall the MAIN CHIPSET driver from the motherboard support site

3) Update the BIOS (not a performance thing)

4) Go into your BIOS and click "XMP" and save those settings (probably fine already)

5) run MEMTEST to check your memory www.memtest.org (run full loop; about 30min for 8GB)

6) install latsest NVidia drivers www.nvidia.com

7) *TEST a game and google the results (i.e. "deadspace gtx760") and see if your results are similar (must be same...

bkoop

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
That is a very good system, most games should play on high graphics.

Try Run >> Dxdiag and check under the display tab

Windows 7 already has diagnostics built-in (you can access them via Control Panel > System Security > Find and Fix Problems)

Have you tried that?

Is there any chance you plugged the monitor into the motherboard and not the video card?

1600 MHz and 1866 MHz memory is more common, but that is not your problem and you might not be able to notice the difference.

The easiest program for specs is CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/ (part way down, latest is cpu-z v1.66)

Tips:

1) Ensure monitor plugged into graphics card as mentioned (though I don't believe you have an iGPU anyway in that CPU so you likely only have graphics via the GTX760).

2) Update/reinstall the MAIN CHIPSET driver from the motherboard support site

3) Update the BIOS (not a performance thing)

4) Go into your BIOS and click "XMP" and save those settings (probably fine already)

5) run MEMTEST to check your memory www.memtest.org (run full loop; about 30min for 8GB)

6) install latsest NVidia drivers www.nvidia.com

7) *TEST a game and google the results (i.e. "deadspace gtx760") and see if your results are similar (must be same resolution and settings). Results may vary slightly due to a different CPU but should be similar.

Solution