Question Can someone help picking a PSU for me?

Jun 27, 2024
Hi hello. My old 2006 xilence XP550 PSU died on me due to overheating. Cut off power suddenly.

E5 2690V3 with Turbo boost unlock, pulling 140W on full full load but around 80W while gaming
RX 580 2048SP that has a TDP of 150W
4X8 32GB DDR4 2133 MHZ RAM
X99-QD4 Motherboard from Huananzhi

What PSU should I pick? I'm thinking of getting a MSI MAG A500DN. Need it to survive AT LEAST 2 years.

how much sata and molex/ide power connectors are you using?

would spent a little more and have at least 5years of warranty and use it in a new build
depending of what you wanna get in the near future, something like these could be very good choices:

SeaSonic FOCUS GX 650 W 80+ Gold​

Gigabyte UD750GM 750 W 80+ Gold​

Jun 27, 2024
how much sata and molex/ide power connectors are you using?

would spent a little more and have at least 5years of warranty and use it in a new build
depending of what you wanna get in the near future, something like these could be very good choices:

SeaSonic FOCUS GX 650 W 80+ Gold​

Gigabyte UD750GM 750 W 80+ Gold​

I bought a 2X molex to 8pin before my psu died, exclude that since i'll be getting a psu that has 8pin by default now.

I'll only use one Molex slot probably. which is for molex to 2x sata. I wont power on any fans thru molex. all 3 CPU fans are running from the CPU_FAN port and other 2 case fans are running from the motherboard. No need for others since i dont use more than 2 case fans.

I need the PSU to survive 2 years at least and 5 years at max. that max can increase of course, but i'd rather use a psu that will last 2 to 5 years.

I also checked the PSU's you sent. They are too too too expensive for me. My budget is like 40 usd. 50 at most. Those are like 100, which really kills my budget here. (It may differ in your region. I checked it and cheapest price is like 3k lira which translates to 100usd.)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Local options list would be the easiest way to do this.

Actual US prices are going to be much lower.

But PSU prices in general have gone up quite a bit, and the smaller units are getting harder to come by.

Thermaltake GX2 might be somewhere in the price range. MSI MAG A550BN as well. Corsair CX series might be worth looking at.

Can't really recommend a plain 80+ unit if you want moderate longevity.

Jun 27, 2024
Local options list would be the easiest way to do this.

Actual US prices are going to be much lower.

But PSU prices in general have gone up quite a bit, and the smaller units are getting harder to come by.

Thermaltake GX2 might be somewhere in the price range. MSI MAG A550BN as well. Corsair CX series might be worth looking at.

Can't really recommend a plain 80+ unit if you want moderate longevity.
I'm thinking of getting a MSI MAG 500BN or a 650 one. Probably 500 one but might also get a 650 one as well.

I seriously do not have any, ANY local secondhand stuff. and stores that sell tech stuff just overprice things by a lot.