Question Can someone help read this memory dump file?

List your PC specs, including CPU/GPU/Ram/Mobo/PSU etc.

The mem dump is a big file, and I don't think many will download it without being sure it's safe to do so.

It could very simply be a faulty DIMM, or a bad OC if you are OC'ing. What happens when it crashes. What are you doing exactly?

Colif

Win 11 Master
it depends which BSOD you got, there are about 280 codes or more.

Only one error or many?
Can you follow option one on the following link - here and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

minidump files are only 256kb, way smaller than 381mb... Memory dump files can get up to several gb so thats not that big but not everyone has fast internet so its substantial enough.

Note: I am away for a few days but someone else may be able to read minidumps if you get more BSOD.

Laabsher

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
List your PC specs, including CPU/GPU/Ram/Mobo/PSU etc.

The mem dump is a big file, and I don't think many will download it without being sure it's safe to do so.

It could very simply be a faulty DIMM, or a bad OC if you are OC'ing. What happens when it crashes. What are you doing exactly?
Thanks for the reply. I am not OC'ing. The only thing it should be doing is running a Visitor Management system. Visitors will come in and scan their licenses to sign in. I'm not certain if it crashes when they are scanning a license or if it's crashing randomly when not in use.

This is an old desktop with 4GBs of DDR2 RAM, an intel core 2 duo processor and integrated graphics. I'm going to replace the RAM to see if it helps anything.

Laabsher

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
it depends which BSOD you got, there are about 280 codes or more.

Only one error or many?
Can you follow option one on the following link - here and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

minidump files are only 256kb, way smaller than 381mb... Memory dump files can get up to several gb so thats not that big but not everyone has fast internet so its substantial enough.

Note: I am away for a few days but someone else may be able to read minidumps if you get more BSOD.
Thanks for the reply. It's only one error as best I can tell. I'll try to get a minidump and post it here.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/JIvQ.html

File information:022819-38046-01.dmp (Feb 28 2019 - 11:41:39)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

System: Dell OptiPlex 745

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

Laabsher

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/JIvQ.html

File information:022819-38046-01.dmp (Feb 28 2019 - 11:41:39)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

System: Dell OptiPlex 745

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.
Thank you!