Can the Logitech MX Master mouse be used while plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
You should be able to.

Keep everything as it should be, just charge it while you're using it. That's all.

That might shorten the battery's life, though.

Another option is to get rechargable batteries and a charger.

IAmTheTofu

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
You should be able to.

Keep everything as it should be, just charge it while you're using it. That's all.

That might shorten the battery's life, though.

Another option is to get rechargable batteries and a charger.

Solution

iPaperKillz

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2014
Yes, you are able to. Another option would be to leave the batteries in while connecting it via cable. So if the cable gets unplugged, you will still be in business if you happen to be in-game or doing something else important.

godofsharing

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
The MX Master has no removable batteries, it's built in. I use this on a MacPro, Macbook Pro and Windows 10 Ultra Book.

The MacPro stated losing Bluetooth connection after 5 months of use on a third party Bluetooth USB also turning the mouse power off to use the mouse cabled didn't work either, so I searched forums and found this thread.

I have Logitech Options App installed, but found I had to also install The Logitech Unifying USB and software Drivers and now it works via Bluetooth even when I keep the USB cable plugged in all the time.

I heard this mouse should work powered off and plugged in via the USB as a direct cabled mouse, but it doesn't work on mine.

threetone

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2012
I just bought one based on the many comments I found online including PC Mag that stated that yes, it will work wired. That was the first thing I tested when I got my mouse, I plugged in the cable before pairing the bluetooth, unifying receiver not plugged in. At that point, the only way it could work was wired. And guess what, IT DID NOT WORK. The primary reason I bought this mouse was to use it plugged in when my magic mouse was experiencing lag from interference, and because it has the thumb scroll wheel. I've gotten too used the left right scrolling with my magic mouse.

Too many people online saying yes, it works wired WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN OWN THE MOUSE AND HAVEN'T TRIED IT.

I can confirm that it DOES NOT work wired. Those that though it did, must have been unknowingly still connected via bluetooth or unifying receiver. Or maybe those of us for which it doesn't work are doing something wrong (although it's hard to use a wired usb mouse wrong - you just plug it in) in which case please enlighten us as how to use the mx master 2s wired. We would all like to know.

USAFRet

Titan
I just bought one based on the many comments I found online including PC Mag that stated that yes, it will work wired. That was the first thing I tested when I got my mouse, I plugged in the cable before pairing the bluetooth, unifying receiver not plugged in. At that point, the only way it could work was wired. And guess what, IT DID NOT WORK. The primary reason I bought this mouse was to use it plugged in when my magic mouse was experiencing lag from interference, and because it has the thumb scroll wheel. I've gotten too used the left right scrolling with my magic mouse.

Too many people online saying yes, it works wired WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN OWN THE MOUSE AND HAVEN'T TRIED IT.

I can confirm that it DOES NOT work wired. Those that though it did, must have been unknowingly still connected via bluetooth or unifying receiver. Or maybe those of us for which it doesn't work are doing something wrong (although it's hard to use a wired usb mouse wrong - you just plug it in) in which case please enlighten us as how to use the mx master 2s wired. We would all like to know.
There's a difference between wired and charging, and wired and not using the receiver.

It absolutely DOES work when connected and charging. Which is what I expect most people were remarking on.
Does it work as a wired mouse? No.

Nov 11, 2019
I forgot the unifier USB at home, and I TOTALLY can confirm that this bloody MX Master 2s DOES NOT WORKS with its USB cable alone... so please stop spreading false information about it.

USAFRet

Titan
I forgot the unifier USB at home, and I TOTALLY can confirm that this bloody MX Master 2s DOES NOT WORKS with its USB cable alone... so please stop spreading false information about it.
And that is not what the original question asked:
"I hate the idea of charging batteries. Can this mouse be used with the charging cable permanently plugged into charging like a regular wired mouse? "

The answer to that is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.