Solution
It's likely to work, but not guaranteed. Nor will you know ahead of time how RAM not purchased together will get along with each other. If you don't want to roll the dice, get a 2x8 kit and sell the extra stick.
D

Deleted member 14196

Mixing Ram sometimes work and sometimes does not. It’s never a good idea especially if you want to work at maximum performance. To answer your question you will have to test it yourself that is the answer you’re on your own now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , i dont know much about clock speed but if you mix speeds of ram i know that it will affect your performance , example , this id my ram , 16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) , if i was to add more ram of a lower spec ( the MHz figure ) it would pull down the performance of the ram i have now and i would have a less efficient system.

Your second link is reporting broken so i would suggest you send an email to kingstone , it is surprising how quick some manufactures reply.

Finally...... check how much ram your mobo can handle , every board has a limit.

JustRelaxASC

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014
Hi , i dont know much about clock speed but if you mix speeds of ram i know that it will affect your performance , example , this id my ram , 16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) , if i was to add more ram of a lower spec ( the MHz figure ) it would pull down the performance of the ram i have now and i would have a less efficient system.

Your second link is reporting broken so i would suggest you send an email to kingstone , it is surprising how quick some manufactures reply.

Finally...... check how much ram your mobo can handle , every board has a limit.

My old RAM is limited to 2133mhz anyways so the new one would get downlocked too, i have Z170 k3 rev 1.1 mobo, it's not an issue. also for some the second link doesn't work since kingston wrote dataSheets with small S, manually capitalizing it works, but I edited in the main post too.

TRENDING THREADS