[SOLVED] Can this F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX run at 3000 C18(at least) X4 in double dual rank or single rank?

Mar 13, 2022
Hello,

I have 2 kits "F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX" that runs at 1866(4x8GB SR) and can´t go higher speed, I want to use it at the OC speed tested by manufacture but I have troubles with it in my Ryzen 5 2600X so, Im looking for a new motherboard (I bought a Ryzen 7 5800X) that can handle with the 4X8GB at 3000 Mhz minimum, I search in all QVL of all motherboards that I can buy but the 4 Dimm support does not appear in any list.

You guys thinks that a X570(like a ASUS PRIME X570 PRO) can support the 4X8GB(that I have) at good speed and lattency without appear in the QVL? Anyone that have the same setup can tell me if it would work or gonna stay same like the 2600X? Did I have to sell it and buy a 2x16GB DR?

Update: First I bought the 2x8GB kit and them years later because I want more RAM I bought another kit identical to the last one.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution

With a 2600x you aren't going to get 3600MHz. Not and get any performance out of it. The 2000 series cpus have a 1:1 ratio cutoff for Fclock at 3466MHz, but with cpu ratios that means if the ram hits 3468MHz it changes to a 2:1 ratio and performance goes in the toilet. That made 3200MHz ram the best option (and due to competition, the cheapest generally).

On top of that is the motherboard, the way the Fclock are setup, A1 and B1 are secondary slots and hampered by excessive speeds. Most 4x kits will only hit 2667MHz and a few will hit 2933MHz. With Agesa updates, it's possible to get 3200MHz on all 4x sticks, but that's not the norm.

This is why it's strongly...

Ralston18

Titan
If the memory does not appear in the QVL then there is no certainty that the modules will work. And it might work but there will be continual problems.

Purchase RAM that is supported by the desired/required motherboard: by model and Revision.

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual, the fine print and caveats, the QVL, and the motherboard manufacturer's FAQs and Forums. Get as much documented verification as you can to ensure the end RAM product is indeed supported.

Actually you should use the same process for all components that you plan to install.

Find RAM that will work. Very likely that 2 x 16 GB modules will perform quite well. Then sell the two kits.

Reactions: idrhouse

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

With a 2600x you aren't going to get 3600MHz. Not and get any performance out of it. The 2000 series cpus have a 1:1 ratio cutoff for Fclock at 3466MHz, but with cpu ratios that means if the ram hits 3468MHz it changes to a 2:1 ratio and performance goes in the toilet. That made 3200MHz ram the best option (and due to competition, the cheapest generally).

On top of that is the motherboard, the way the Fclock are setup, A1 and B1 are secondary slots and hampered by excessive speeds. Most 4x kits will only hit 2667MHz and a few will hit 2933MHz. With Agesa updates, it's possible to get 3200MHz on all 4x sticks, but that's not the norm.

This is why it's strongly recommended for 1000/2000/3000 series cpus use 2x sticks not 4x sticks. This is a Ryzen issue, but was generally remedied by the 5000 series which has no issues with 4x sticks.

As to why 1866MHz, thats been seen before but only in a Dell pre-built where the bios was locked to that speed for price purposes, the original ram being cut-rate, bottom shelf ram that was so miserable it wouldn't even hold DDR4 standards of 2133MHz base speeds and be stable. So was uber-cheap.

Reactions: idrhouse
Solution
Mar 13, 2022
I have 2 kits "F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX" that runs at 1866(4x8GB SR) and can´t go higher speed

Can you explain that a little more?

I meant that it only hit 1866 Mhz 4x8GB in single rank and can´t hit the OC speed 3600Mhz, I just test again and now it can reach 2667Mhz like @Karadjgne said.
And I bought 2 of them: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232728?Item=N82E16820232728
same model, the first kit 1 year ago and the second kit this month.

Mar 13, 2022

This is why it's strongly recommended for 1000/2000/3000 series cpus use 2x sticks not 4x sticks. This is a Ryzen issue, but was generally remedied by the 5000 series which has no issues with 4x sticks.

As to why 1866MHz, thats been seen before but only in a Dell pre-built where the bios was locked to that speed for price purposes, the original ram being cut-rate, bottom shelf ram that was so miserable it wouldn't even hold DDR4 standards of 2133MHz base speeds and be stable. So was uber-cheap.

I just test again and now it can reach 2667Mhz, thanks but I want more if I can with the new CPU.
So, my 5800X will arrive in 1 week, Im thinking what new motherboard to buy wich could reach the 4 sticks at 3200 at least, I dont think my old B450M could do that not even with the 5800X. The problem that I said is that none QVL list have those kits in 4sticks supported so I dont know what motherboard should I buy. Reading in some forums I saw that they said that a motherboard with a PCB of 6-layer or more could support very well the 4x8GB with good Mhz but I dont know about that. Will an ASUS TUF X570 PLUS (WI-FI) work?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
QVL is a tool, not Gospel. And yes, your ram is on it, in multiple places.

Gskill doesn't make ram. They supply ram, there's a difference. The ram chips are made (for the Trident series) by Samsung and SkHynix. The model number only says what company, what heatsink, what series, what kit, what color, capacity, speed. There's over 3000 seperate model numbers just in the Trident-Z series alone. Motherboard vendors are not about to test every single model number when most are just repeats with a different color.

Gskill has their own QVL. They test their ram on different motherboards.

So your ram will be listed under Corsair, Patriot, Adata, Kingston, and several others, all having the same ram under the heatsink.

If motherboard vendors tested every model, the QVL would be thousands of pages long, take thousands of manhours to compile and cost an absolute fortune to supply all the ram for testing.

The point of the QVL is to say that certain speeds were tested, found viable for several different ram companies. Not that only those sticks are guaranteed to work.

Mar 13, 2022
Hello,

I have 2 kits "F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX" that runs at 1866(4x8GB SR) and can´t go higher speed, I want to use it at the OC speed tested by manufacture but I have troubles with it in my Ryzen 5 2600X so, Im looking for a new motherboard (I bought a Ryzen 7 5800X) that can handle with the 4X8GB at 3000 Mhz minimum, I search in all QVL of all motherboards that I can buy but the 4 Dimm support does not appear in any list.

You guys thinks that a X570(like a ASUS PRIME X570 PRO) can support the 4X8GB(that I have) at good speed and lattency without appear in the QVL? Anyone that have the same setup can tell me if it would work or gonna stay same like the 2600X? Did I have to sell it and buy a 2x16GB DR?

Update: First I bought the 2x8GB kit and them years later because I want more RAM I bought another kit identical to the last one.

Thanks.

I installed the Ryzen 7 5800X in the new motherboard (ASUS TUF X570 PLUS) and it works just with plug and play (4X8GB at 3600 Mhz with DOCP), thanks

Reactions: gskill support