Digital Dictator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
(Yellow circle)

This is my iphone 6.
I understand that this is the main pcb logic board.
The best picture I could get of the small detail area of suspicion.

I've done many repairs to this phone and this was just another repair in which I check that all visible screws are tight before I button it up, and may have accidentally damaged these micro components on the main board.
Phone no longer powers on.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

fRp4ajd.jpg

RMHTuRm.jpg

Last edited:
I would just replace it with a working 6, they are cheap enough that buying parts and opening them up over and over is just a waste of time. Without someone actually looking over the phone and the parts there is no way to find out what needs to be replaced or what is causing it not to power on.

(Yellow circle)

This is my iphone 6.
I understand that this is the main pcb logic board.
The best picture I could get of the small detail area of suspicion.

I've done many repairs to this phone and this was just another repair in which I check that all visible screws are tight before I button it up, and may have accidentally damaged these micro components on the main board.
Phone no longer powers on.

Any insight greatly appreciated.

fRp4ajd.jpg

RMHTuRm.jpg
I’d just replace it with a 7 at this point, it’s not supported anymore

Digital Dictator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
I would just replace it with a working 6, they are cheap enough that buying parts and opening them up over and over is just a waste of time. Without someone actually looking over the phone and the parts there is no way to find out what needs to be replaced or what is causing it not to power on.
I’d just replace it with a 7 at this point, it’s not supported anymore

Okay, yes I am well aware that I can buy a new phone, thank you.

I came here because this forum has helped me a lot over the years and I love what It stands for but what in the hell kind of answers are these. Trying to fix something isn't a waste of time if you are learning and building skill from it, however, coming to this forum might have been a waste of time, it seems.

This is a site for all things tech/ hardware/ software/ electronic and the like isn't it? I came here to get some knowledge because I thought there were reputable moderators and enthusiasts here that would be willing to give a little more than a recommendation to replace my phone.
I want to fix this phone regardless of it being replaced.
Can someone tell me if I am in the wrong place, please?

I came here because this forum has helped me a lot over the years and I love what It stands for but what in the hell kind of answers are these. Trying to fix something isn't a waste of time if you are learning and building skill from it, however, coming to this forum might have been a waste of time, it seems.

This is a site for all things tech/ hardware/ software/ electronic and the like isn't it? I came here to get some knowledge because I thought there were reputable moderators and enthusiasts here that would be willing to give a little more than a recommendation to replace my phone.
It’s not economical to fix at this point. The internals don’t look good in general and you’ll need a new connector which looks to be on a fairly large PCB. So you’re gonna need a new board. The phone is actually dead now with it not getting iOS 13 last year. If you had a 7 or 8 it would be viable, maybe even a 6S if it gets iOS 14.

In the PC space the equivalent would be asking what. Other board should you buy for an FX8350 to get it working again. You should, it’s a bad chip. Move on.

Jun 3, 2020
www.cellguru.me
Yes. Your iphone may be repaired.

iPhone repair near me - We provide best repair diagnoses for your problem for iPhone 5 and iPhone 11 and in between with OEM high-quality components at unbeatable rates.

If you want to spend more time and money than it would take to just replace the phone is up to you, most people want the most efficient, cheap and most likely to succeed way to do something, which in the case of an old cheaper phone is a replacement. You can certainly buy a board for the phone and replace that if you want.