[SOLVED] Can you put a 2.5 inch HDD to a PC?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
my aging laptop is (obviously) slow asf now and it recently died on me for some reason. so im planning to get the hard drive and get my documents in it and put it to my external hard drive
also while waiting for my laptop to be repaired, i also want it temeporarily use it as a third hard drive(not as boot drive).

Solution
Yes, if it's a SATA drive then the connectors are the same as the 3.5" desktop drives.
You may need to go into Disk management to assign the drive a letter and you may need to take ownership of the user folder to access the documents.
my aging laptop is (obviously) slow asf now and it recently died on me for some reason. so im planning to get the hard drive and get my documents in it and put it to my external hard drive
also while waiting for my laptop to be repaired, i also want it temeporarily use it as a third hard drive(not as boot drive).
As long as it has same ports as a desktop computer, you could connect it same way as your 3.5" drives.

popatim

Titan
Yes, if it's a SATA drive then the connectors are the same as the 3.5" desktop drives.
You may need to go into Disk management to assign the drive a letter and you may need to take ownership of the user folder to access the documents.

Solution