[SOLVED] Cannot connect GPU

Apr 2, 2020
Hello guys, I have a PC and I just bought an Asus ROG Matrix R9 290x Graphics card, this card has 2-8 pin Connectors, and my PC-PSU has only one 6pin connector. The model is
EVO Labs 600w PSU E-600br
I tried to connect as my old GPU is a Geforce 750Ti and it was working without any cable connection, can someone please help me do i need to buy a new PSU or do it have to buy just an adapter cable to support the new GPU. Thanks

Solution
No. You cannot run your computer with that new card on your old power supply. You need to have both 8-pin power ports on the card populated and your current power supply simply cannot provide the required power.

-Wolf sends
Apr 2, 2020
thanks for your reply, you mean that this power supply will not operate with the graphics card? the psu you sent are a bit expensive for now i do not want to spend all that money at the moment.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I was more concerned about the form-factor of the power supply and how it fits within your PC case.

The power supply is the most important component of your computer. Why spend hundreds of dollars on new components only to cheap out on the most important one? That's like buying a Corvette chassis and installing a Chevette engine.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: King_V
Apr 2, 2020
My friend i totally understand what you are saying and i do agree, but i got this PC as a pre-built in a good price and to be honest, it has been running really well since then. I want to change the PSU but please tell me if there is any chance for me to run the Card with this current Power supply at least to try if it works as i go it second hand and i want to see if it's all good. Thanks, i will try and buy a new one as soon as i can i totally agree to your point.

Wolfshadw

Titan
No. You cannot run your computer with that new card on your old power supply. You need to have both 8-pin power ports on the card populated and your current power supply simply cannot provide the required power.

-Wolf sends

Solution