Cannot Gain Access to Folder

NUBETOOBER39

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Let me start by saying I am the admin on my computer, I have take full control of the parent folders previously and this is a new folder that I cannot change. I have restarted my computer to see if it clears, I have gone into the security section of it and the parent folder to give myself permissions and set myself as owner, I have used CMD to give myself permissions and then try to delete it in there. I have no idea what else to do and whenever I try to search for this topic it always gives the same result of "just go into the security section and give yourself ownership," but that does not work for me.

Any ideas? Please and thank you.

NUBETOOBER39

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Sorry I never replied. Unfortunately neither of those solutions worked for me. I downloaded IObit Unlocker and used it to "unlock" it and it says successful, but when I try to open it or delete it it says access denied as it did. Then with the TakeOwnership registry edit, I added it to the registry and then right clicked and used "Take Ownership," but it still doesn't allow me to open it.

Now the error is "<folder> is not accessible. Access is denied."

NUBETOOBER39

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I managed to fix the problem by opening CMD and typing in "netsh winsock reset" then restarting my computer. Every folder and file that had access denied was now open to my altering. Thank you all for the replies though.

TRENDING THREADS