Question Cannot get to BIOS/UEFI with MSI B350 Tomahawk

Jul 17, 2020
Hey guys, so as the title says, I cannot access my BIOS on my motherboard. I have tried pretty much every way I'm aware of to get to it. I've reset my CMOS (jumped the JBAT1 pins with a screwdriver), done it through advanced options > restart > troubleshooting > change UEFI settings > restart now, did nothing to get me to the BIOS, just booted like normal, I've hit every key on my keyboard to try and access the BIOS as well as the boot menu (Delete and F11 respectively), used a different keyboard to try and hit the keys (both are USB keyboards, don't have a PS/2 keyboard anywhere), turned off fast boot to try and actually have time in the BIOS (did nothing but make my normal boot a little bit slower) and I'm frankly just at my wit's end on what to do to try and get to it, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hey guys, so as the title says, I cannot access my BIOS on my motherboard. I have tried pretty much every way I'm aware of to get to it. I've reset my CMOS (jumped the JBAT1 pins with a screwdriver), done it through advanced options > restart > troubleshooting > change UEFI settings > restart now, did nothing to get me to the BIOS, just booted like normal, I've hit every key on my keyboard to try and access the BIOS as well as the boot menu (Delete and F11 respectively), used a different keyboard to try and hit the keys (both are USB keyboards, don't have a PS/2 keyboard anywhere), turned off fast boot to try and actually have time in the BIOS (did nothing but make my normal boot a little bit slower) and I'm frankly just at my wit's end on what to do to try and get to it, any help is appreciated, thanks.
Whats the motherboard?

as said in the title, my motherboard is the MSI B350 Tomahawk
Sorry didnt realize and on a phone right now that requires a lot of scolli g to find in forum.....

Msi website says that in order to enter your bios om boot up... If no delay is set between system boot and powering system device on.... The moment you press the power button "THE MOMENT THE POWER BUTTON goes down and ""starts"" to get released" Start spamming the f2 button... Then set a delay between boot up and splash screen for 3s

Jul 17, 2020
Sorry didnt realize and on a phone right now that requires a lot of scolli g to find in forum.....

Msi website says that in order to enter your bios om boot up... If no delay is set between system boot and powering system device on.... The moment you press the power button "THE MOMENT THE POWER BUTTON goes down and ""starts"" to get released" Start spamming the f2 button... Then set a delay between boot up and splash screen for 3s
All good you missed the title.

I've just attempted to do that twice in a row now, as soon as I touched the power button down, I spammed f2 and from both attempts I can conclude that absolutely nothing happened outside of a normal boot process.

Jul 17, 2020
.... Could be a rare case of faulty uefi opperator
I had been able to access it after I changed my boot drive to my NVMe drive to change the boot drive to said drive but since then I haven't tried to access it up until now, could the UEFI operator have stopped working in that time or would it have had to have been broken from the start?

I had been able to access it after I changed my boot drive to my NVMe drive to change the boot drive to said drive but since then I haven't tried to access it up until now, could the UEFI operator have stopped working in that time or would it have had to have been broken from the start?
No generally the coding in the operations wont go bad like that unless faulty bios update. Or a really bad trojan actaully infected into components of the system not just the hdd's ssd's nvme's. It is possible i guess yes but is it generally something that happens "NO" NOT unless you do some shaddy ****. This is a odd one, and i get you tried clear bios via jumpers but have you tried pulling the cmos battery on the mobo to???

Somewhere on the mobo. There should be a small thin watch type battery. Remove the battery "AFTER" unplugging the psu "hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 then place battery back in mobo. Plug the psu back in and post pc spamming the f2 key

Jul 17, 2020
No generally the coding in the operations wont go bad like that unless faulty bios update. Or a really bad trojan actaully infected into components of the system not just the hdd's ssd's nvme's. It is possible i guess yes but is it generally something that happens "NO" NOT unless you do some shaddy ****. This is a odd one, and i get you tried clear bios via jumpers but have you tried pulling the cmos battery on the mobo to???

Somewhere on the mobo. There should be a small thin watch type battery. Remove the battery "AFTER" unplugging the psu "hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 then place battery back in mobo. Plug the psu back in and post pc spamming the f2 key
Hey man, I just tried doing that as well as unplugging literally everything except for power and display output, it did nothing, I've tried everything I know of and as far as I'm aware everything I can do to try and fix the issue. When I did unplug every drive it just showed a blank screen with a white underscore in the middle of the monitor. This screen does also flash up briefly when starting my pc.

It's like my PC almost doesn't have a BIOS which I realise is not really possible but idk man, I'm completely out of options outside of buying a new mobo, thanks for helping and if you do have any more info on this issue, please do share it, thanks for your time.

Hey man, I just tried doing that as well as unplugging literally everything except for power and display output, it did nothing, I've tried everything I know of and as far as I'm aware everything I can do to try and fix the issue. When I did unplug every drive it just showed a blank screen with a white underscore in the middle of the monitor. This screen does also flash up briefly when starting my pc.

It's like my PC almost doesn't have a BIOS which I realise is not really possible but idk man, I'm completely out of options outside of buying a new mobo, thanks for helping and if you do have any more info on this issue, please do share it, thanks for your time.
Im out of options here for you im sorry seeing as how the board dosn't support usb "io" button flashing