Cannot install error with Windows Installer

At times I am having a problem installing applications.
The error is that the windows installer package is missing.
It doesn't happen with everything but what is up?

The "Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error Message appears When You
Add or Remove Program - 1719
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315346
Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running
in safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed.

Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&DisplayLang=en

or

To register Wintrust.dll

1.. Click Start, and then click Run.