Question Cannot reach BIOS

twayburn

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Computer seems to be behaving normally except that it sends no characters to the monitor. I am running a ASRock B340 Pro4 motherboard with Ryzen 5 2300G CPU (or something like that). I have restored a backup of three partitions "necessary to start Windows". This computer has too many operating systems on its three internal hard drives. (Two Win 10, one Win 7, and Ubuntu) I changed the BIOS to something that doesn't work and now I can't reach it with DEL or F2 or F11. It won't boot from USB or optical drive either. I am prepared to do something drastic. I have a number of other computers that are working.

Mar 4, 2019
Computer seems to be behaving normally except that it sends no characters to the monitor. I am running a ASRock B340 Pro4 motherboard with Ryzen 5 2300G CPU (or something like that). I have restored a backup of three partitions "necessary to start Windows". This computer has too many operating systems on its three internal hard drives. (Two Win 10, one Win 7, and Ubuntu) I changed the BIOS to something that doesn't work and now I can't reach it with DEL or F2 or F11. It won't boot from USB or optical drive either. I am prepared to do something drastic. I have a number of other computers that are working.
I've had awful experience with ASRock. I bought a motherboard of theirs and returned it straight away.
Seems everything's a mess.

Have you tried to clear the CMOS?
Check the manual?

If nothing ends up working just send it back for repair or return it and get another one.

twayburn

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I've had awful experience with ASRock. I bought a motherboard of theirs and returned it straight away.
Seems everything's a mess.

Have you tried to clear the CMOS?
Check the manual?

If nothing ends up working just send it back for repair or return it and get another one.
Manual tells me to short jumper with jumper cap. May I use a plain copper wire?