Question Cannot start PC . Long non stop beep after change cpu .

Feb 22, 2019
Im using Acer Aspire M3800 desktop with Acer G45T/G43T AM3 motherboard with the original cpu that is E5400 . I change the cpu to Q9500 but it wont boot + noisy non stop beep . Ive checked the mobo is compatible with C2Q cpu's . But why im having this issue . I try to change to old cpu it can run normaly .

Feb 22, 2019
In some newer situations, it's possible to run a 7700K (natively compatible with Z270) on a Z170 board. In those situations it's almost always needed to update the BIOS of the motherboard. Can you try updating your BIOS to see if that will work?
That is the only thing that i didnt try yet . I dont know or have any experiance updating a bios .

Feb 22, 2019
Put the old cpu back in and flash the bios, then put in new cpu and see if it works.
Yes sir im already on my old cpu now . The bios file is already been downloaded . It comes with the dostool. In the dostool folder there is :

NAME TYPE

AFUDOS application
DOS4GW application
flash1M windows batch file
fparts text document
fpt application
fptcfg configuration settings

LUCKY7SON

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
Im using Acer Aspire M3800 desktop with Acer G45T/G43T AM3 motherboard with the original cpu that is E5400 . I change the cpu to Q9500 but it wont boot + noisy non stop beep . Ive checked the mobo is compatible with C2Q cpu's . But why im having this issue . I try to change to old cpu it can run normaly .

did you leave old ram in or change it the beeping might be due to rong frequency MHz of ram I had similar issues with a dell like 4 years back.

Feb 22, 2019
did you leave old ram in or change it the beeping might be due to rong frequency MHz of ram I had similar issues with a dell like 4 years back.
But if i put the old cpu it went good . But when i put the new cpu i just got it goes beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp continously without stopping . The ram is all good . But not the same size of course . If the ram causes the beeping why it run good on the old cpu ?

Reactions: LUCKY7SON

LUCKY7SON

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
But if i put the old cpu it went good . But when i put the new cpu i just got it goes beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp continously without stopping . The ram is all good . But not the same size of course . If the ram causes the beeping why it run good on the old cpu ?

all same ram

tell me what else did you change

this sound familiar

Feb 22, 2019
all same ram

tell me what else did you change

this sound familiar
I only try to upgrade my cpu . I got a new compatible one with my motherboard model but when i try to switch on the pc there comes the beep sound . But when i changed back to the old cpu it went normal . About the ram i got 3 stick . One is 4gb the other two is 2gb each . Fyi the mhz is not the same .

Make sure the files you download are on C drive and put in a folder named BIOS
Please look at this and follow it.
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/use-afudos-asus-58565.html

You need to download the BIOS from the proper website.

Also to be 100% sure, you can use CPU-Z and it will tell you make/model of your Motherboard as well as the BIOS version.

It is critical that you get the correct bios or you will screw up your motherboard

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Yes sir im already on my old cpu now . The bios file is already been downloaded . It comes with the dostool. In the dostool folder there is :

NAME TYPE

AFUDOS application
DOS4GW application
flash1M windows batch file
fparts text document
fpt application
fptcfg configuration settings
  1. Press "Open" Select your ROM
  2. Press "Setup" Select "Main BIOS Image","Boot Block","Destroy CMOS Checksum"
  3. Press "Flash" start flash

Reactions: AEMK

LUCKY7SON

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
because some are different your talking 2 core same ram amount must be shared for cpu to render settings both cpu should have same amount otherwise its a fight

dells acer and maybe hp are picky I have a 2006 mac pro I put 8 core in it but there was always equal amount for each slot 4gb in 2 slots on top and 4gb in 2 on bottom but I still have 4 empty slots it originally came with 2 dual core xeon chips I swapped it out for 2 quads and went 8 core I hade not issues because I have and always did have equal amount to share

Feb 22, 2019
because some are different your talking 2 core same ram amount must be shared for cpu to render settings both cpu should have same amount otherwise its a fight

dells acer and maybe hp are picky I have a 2006 mac pro I put 8 core in it but there was always equal amount for each slot 4gb in 2 slots on top and 4gb in 2 on bottom but I still have 4 empty slots it originally came with 2 dual core xeon chips I swapped it out for 2 quads and went 8 core I hade not issues because I have and always did have equal amount to share
I will try that my friend thank you

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Open the afudos app?
yes install the apps and follow the instructions.

The motherboard supports both cpu's so it wouldn't be the ram, it has been set up for the e5400 so updating the bios for the new cpu /should/may work.

LUCKY7SON

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
your dealing with 2 core not one any more so you confused the 2 its like a divorce stuff goes more then one way if it needs to you just only had one to share with before