Canon S9000 problem

I have a Canon S9000 (like a 900) but large format.

It doesn't seem to be printing black or dark blue. I had replaced the
black cartridge not too long ago, and the ink "meter" says it still has
lots. Cleaning does not seem to help, even deep cleaning.

I believe this printer has a seperate print head, the print head does
not seem to be part of the cartridge. The manual says nothing about
replacing the print head, however. It merely says if virtually ANYthing
goes wrong, except for out of ink cartridges, take it to a service center.

Any suggestions before I try to find one of these "service" centers?

In message <o3KLe.7$RU.285@news.uswest.net>,
Don Stauffer <stauffer@usfamily.net> wrote:

>I have a Canon S9000 (like a 900) but large format.
>
>It doesn't seem to be printing black or dark blue.

Are you using different paper than previously? If the driver is set to
glossy photo paper, with certain kinds of glossy paper the blacks will
be olive green; with those papers, it is best to set to "plain paper"
and manually choose the highest resolution.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

stevej

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

My print head was bad on the black drivers. Canon had to replace the head
to get it to print black again. Now a year later, the cyan will not print,
starts out ok but after a few seconds it fades out, another bad head. Throw
it in the dump.

JPS@no.komm wrote:
> In message <o3KLe.7$RU.285@news.uswest.net>,
> Don Stauffer <stauffer@usfamily.net> wrote:
>

>>I have a Canon S9000 (like a 900) but large format.
>>
>>It doesn't seem to be printing black or dark blue.
>

> Are you using different paper than previously? If the driver is set to
> glossy photo paper, with certain kinds of glossy paper the blacks will
> be olive green; with those papers, it is best to set to "plain paper"
> and manually choose the highest resolution.
Nope- set to plain paper. And problem is not just that black is
'dirty'. There is NO black or blue sometimes. Big areas of black,
smaller areas of blue missing, even on test print. On text, tops and
bottoms of entire rows of text missing, or line right through middle.

I do not use this printer regularly, and that may have caused problem- I
will make a point to at least print something regularly- if and when I
get it fixed.