Sapphirre 5770 Vapor-x
Adata 1600mghz Gaming Ram 4 x 2mb
ocz Agility 30 gb SSD
WD green 750 7200 64mb cache
samsung bd-rom
Corsair H50 cooler
Windows 7

all items are brand new in this build.

The build has gone off with out a problem until now. I have my first drive as the SSD and installed the OS and drivers to this. The second drive is being seen in BIOS, Device Manager, and even Disk Management. It does not however show up in My Computer as a storage option it only shows the SSD.

I went to disk Manager and it showed up there but needed to be initialized. I did this to the Master Boot Record. The drive moved thru initializing to Online. So now the HDD is online but it is still not available in my computer. Everything is working well and this wouldn't be so dire if I was not running out of space on the SSD in a hurry.

please help

Solution
Allocate, format, and assign a drive letter to Disk1.

-Wolf sends

Actually, I think you need to create a partition in the unallocated space (max out the partition to the full drive size). Then format it. It should automatically assign a drive letter.

driftfisher665

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Also I opened "Computer" from the Start menu, still couldn't see my 2nd HDD. Then I right clicked "Computer" to the left by the shortcuts, and selected "Manage" (my version is not in English, so I'm translating as I go), which brought up a window called "Computer management". To the left there was "Storage", and under it "Disk management". There I found all my drives (2 HDDs and a DVD drive. Disk 0 says system reserved NTFS Primary Partition and C: 29.72 gb NTFS Healty (Boot etc.)

Disk 1 Says Online 698 gb Unallocated

DVD say online. Disk 0 and DVD are blue lined Primary partition and disk 1 is black unallocated.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Allocate, format, and assign a drive letter to Disk1.

-Wolf sends

Actually, I think you need to create a partition in the unallocated space (max out the partition to the full drive size). Then format it. It should automatically assign a drive letter.

Solution

driftfisher665

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

Hey Wolf,

Thank you for the input. That sounds logical but I can't figure out how to do that. Other than puting the oS on the disk. I am pretty new to this but learning as fast as I can.

You help is truly appriciated.

driftfisher