Mar 30, 2020
My computer has had intermittent problems with the bios and games lagging/crashing. After fully shutting down the computer and starting it up again it goes straight to windows. The delete key does not work and when I try to boot from inside windows, the computer will "restart" turning off the monitor but leaving power to my fans and motherboard never completely shutting down to restart and won't turn back on after a Manual shut down. It fixed itself once but is happening again, any ideas as to what's happening?
(Games like Apex Legends, Destiny 2, Beat saber and Half life Alyx consistently have problems)

PC specs:
i7-4790k 4.00Hz
Msi Z87-G45 gaming motherboard
16x Corsair XMS3 ddr3 RAM
Geforce GTX 1070 armor 8gb OC
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020
Is your PSU a good quality model?
Is your RAM speed running above 1600 MHz?
Have you been checking memory usage in Task Manager?
Have you been checking temperatures in your system?
Have you checked what programs are starting up in the background when you boot?

-My PSU is a corsair CX650M 80 Plus Gold so not terrible
I did find my RAM is running at 1333 instead of 1600 but i cant access the bios to change anything :p
-I'm usually at about 32% memory usage (5.2GB/15.9) with the basics running (Discord, Chrome, Spotify, some Razer and corsair software)
-CPU Temp usually sits around 28 Degrees Celsius (82 Fahrenheit) and according to the app "core temp" my max at 100% CPU usage would be 71 Degrees Celsius (160 Fahrenheit)
-The only start up apps that run are razer and corsair apps for rgb control, spotify, origin, steam, discord and wallpaper engine