Question Can't Boot Into Windows 10 After Bios Update?? PLEASE HELP!

Luke2468

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
After doing a BIOS update on my MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max, every time I try to launch windows 10 I get a Recovery error and says File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD and Error Code: 0xc000000f. Ive tried going into recovery mode and Startup repair but it fails. Appreciate any advice. Thanks

scottyswayne

Commendable
Jan 21, 2020
sounds simmular to my issue try installing windows 7 see if it works may be you have a corrupted loader in bios yep windows ten and 8 stores its loader on the bios rom it causes errors when you try to install it by cd and if by usb it dose not boot after loading files windows 7 and older stores the loader on the hardrive the loader is a boot menue that promps you to repair and boot in safe mode ect.the only way to fix that i think is to flash bios by usb and update it by usb then install windows ten if you window 7 works i belive we are in the same boat but these guys may know an ease way the only files on the rom is just the loader it allows it to quickly access files off the hardrive so only the menue opt is on the rom thats all mine was caused by change in hardrive hardware

Last edited: