[SOLVED] Cant boot to Nvme storage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 15, 2022
So I accidentally installed windows to my hdd and so I unplugged that drive and tried to reinstall on my nvme drive. I booted from a usb stick with windows installation media and installed windows on the nvme drive but after it restarts it’ll just go back to the windows installation and it won’t boot from the nvme drive. The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte b550m ds3h.

Jan 15, 2022
Try setting "Other PCIE Device Rom Priority"to legacy.

If still it doesn't give you windows Boot Manager boot option, then
you can install windows in legacy mode.

Or you could use bootloader on another drive to load windows from SSD.
You have a HDD. Right?
I installed windows with legacy mode and that did not work. I do have 2 HDDs and they are currently disconnected.

Jan 15, 2022
What does it mean "it didn't work"?

If windows was installed in legacy mode, then first boot option has to be set to name of the drive with bootloader
(CT1000P2SSD8, if you had no other drives connected during install).
When I tried to boot to the ssd after I installed in legacy mode it just reset to the windows installation screen. I also tried disconnecting the usb flash after restarting and tried booting to ssd and a black screen popped up saying insert boot media and press key to continue.

Jan 15, 2022
Have you tried to clean your disk then convert it to GPT (it diskpart tutorial on youtube to check everything right) but before this enabling UEFI in your BIOS and disconnecting everything that is a hard drive then formatting and finally booting ? By the way is your M.2 on slot 1 ?
I tried cleaning the disk and converting to gpt and then when trying to install it said that windows cannot be installed on this drive.