anonnymous

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
I recently built my first computer and installed windows 7. When i installed it, it was fine. It asked me to reboot so i did. When i rebooted i can not get past the boot menus. It will then tell me start in safe mode, safe mode with networking or start with normal. If i click normal it will load up and the screen will turn black but my cursor shows. What do i do? Been having many problems for my first build.....

OK. Try doing the repair option first. If that doesn't help, press the F10 or F12 key, which ever gets you into the BIOS. From there, change your boot options to CD/DVD as priority 1. Then try performing the repair from the Windows disc.

anonnymous

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
in the BIOS theres
Hard disk boot priority [press enter]
quick boot [enabled]
cd/dvd boot option [auto]
first boot device [p3-ASUS DRW-]
second boot deivce [hard disk]
third boot device [disabled]

are those right? and how do i set priority 1? should i put the windows 7 cd back in the dvd drive?

Thank you for posting your available options. You won't be looking for "priority 1", rather what you will be attempting to do is set your "First Boot Device" to the cd/dvd drive, by highlighting and pressing the Enter key. Once that is done, pop the Windows disc in.

Did you test your memory PRIOR to doing your wind install.
In addition to the advise above. I highly recommend verifing the the memory is OK. If memory errors, install could have error.
Run Memtest86+ from a bootable cd.
Google memtest86 for downlooad and instructions on creating an Iso.

anonnymous

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
When i went to computer and looked at the specs it showed i have 4gbs of ram (which i have) so i think everything is good. Do i download memtest86 in safemode, safe mode with networking or something else? Also which one do i download? I have 64 bit

Link: http://www.memtest.org/
Scoot down the page to: "Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)"
Download the zipped file, then extract the file (Right click and "expand")

The file should be "name of file".ISO. In windows 7 I think you can just drag it to your DVD drive. (Use a CD, NOT ad DVD).

I think you can do it from safe made, If not get a friend to do it.

Then You want to boot to CD NOT to your HDD.