Noa Nunumete

Honorable
Jul 9, 2016
I was trying to get windows 11 today but needed secure boot to be turned on. My motherboard is a Gigabyte z370 HD3 and in the bios are the options for secure boot but for some reason it when secure boot is turned on and CSM is disabled it won't boot into windows. It will just open the BIOS again and again.

Mellor81

Honorable
Jul 21, 2015
I was trying to get windows 11 today but needed secure boot to be turned on. My motherboard is a Gigabyte z370 HD3 and in the bios are the options for secure boot but for some reason it when secure boot is turned on and CSM is disabled it won't boot into windows. It will just open the BIOS again and again.
Im having a similar issue but i cant get it to save
I enter bios and select disable for CSM, save and exit as you should and reboot, as soon as i enter the bios its reenabled again , TPM is enabled just fine but windows 11 needs CSM disabled and secure boot enabled but i cant get it to save, the battery is new so no issue there or saving any other setting,
LAN PXE boot optionROM: disabled
Storage boot option control: UEFI only
Other PCI device ROM priority UEFI only
I get error the error listed below when trying enable secure boot which is necessary for windows 11 installation which is
1) :disable the CSM in setup. Repeat operation after reboot to ensure UEFI video (GOP) driver is operational which i cant because it doesn't save the disabled setting.
Ive restored factory keys, loaded factory settings, bios is fully up to date i just cannot get secure boot to enable, fast boot is disabled.
i am using a gigabyte b450m gaming motherboard
Ryzen 53600 processor
Gigabyte gtx 1660 gaming OC
Windows 10 64bit
16gb ram
Im not new by any means to pc’s and bios’s but this is infuriating

Oct 28, 2021

I had the same problem, interestingly the solution is not what you might think! Your drive needs to be converted from MBR to GPT and that will fix all of your problems to satisfy things for Windows 11. You actually don't need to enable secure boot in the BIOS. It has to do with UEFI not working the same with MBR. After you update from MBR to GPT all will be well and you can leave the CSM Support Enabled in your BIOS, with UEFI (Not legacy selected). You also need to have the trusted platform enabled in your BIOS to satisfy the TPM 2.0 requirement. For those who "Break" their BIOS by enabling secure boot on a Gigabyte motherboard I temporarily had that problem but was able to hold down the power and reset buttons together for several seconds to reset or get to the backup BIOS with the CSM Support Enabled back on! There are probably a couple ways to convert your drive from MBR to GPT, just google it and you'll find many options! I did the one through the control panel recovery and then command prompt option. You can see if your drive is MBR in the windows partition tool, right click on drive and click on volumes and it will tell you the formatting type. Good luck!!!