Can't connect to an XP Pro

KK

I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/ updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.

Can you please share exactly what did you do (reproducible steps) and what
error did you get?

"KK" <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't
not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/
updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around
march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.

KK

I installed windows xp with sp1, apply roll up pack, and install other patches that up to march/april of 2004. And I'd changed the RD port, that's it.

"Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" wrote:

> Can you please share exactly what did you do (reproducible steps) and what
> error did you get?

> "KK" <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't
> not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/
> updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around
> march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.

KK

I don't get such situation before I apply the roll up patches. That means it's fine at the point with SP1 only.

"Soo Kuan Teo [MS]" wrote:

> Can you please share exactly what did you do (reproducible steps) and what
> error did you get?

> "KK" <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't
> not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/
> updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around
> march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.

What is your Fast User Switching option (located under Control Panel
-> User Accounts -> Change how the user logs on this computer)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:53:02 -0700, "KK"
<KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/ updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.

KK

It is Enabled. Is this the reason?

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" wrote:

> What is your Fast User Switching option (located under Control Panel
> -> User Accounts -> Change how the user logs on this computer)
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:53:02 -0700, "KK"
> <KK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I can't connect to my home pc when it's not already logged in. It didn't not happen some time ago. Is it related to some windows service pack/ updates? My win xp is updated with all service packs up to around march/april of 2004. This is very annoying, please help, thanks.

Just over a year ago, there were many reports of this issue in this
newsgroup (and other forums). Almost all had FUS enabled...

If you don't need the functionality of FUS, try disabling it
(temporarily) to see if it can rectify the issue. This would just be
a workaround, though..

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:16:03 -0700, "KK"