Can't connect to internet after spoofing MAC Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2019
So I'm using Technitium to spoof my MAC Address. The problem is that I cannot connect back to the internet when it spoofs.

I use a Belkin network USB adapter. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I've checked my router settings (Technicolor TC8717T) and I haven't been able to solve this issue.

Jan 27, 2019

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I've checked all the router settings and have even manually added the MAC address I'm spoofing to, but still nothing works.

https://i.imgur.com/qiDh3u9.png

Changing the mac address on a wifi connection is not so simple. The mac address is actually in the wifi chip itself. The chipset has to allow it. For a very long time microsoft actually blocked this ability.

In general if you see the option in the wifi setting that allows you to enable a random hardware address you likely can set the mac address on that chipset. If you do not see that option then the chipset may not support it.

It could be the tool you are using is not properly setting options. Many just change registry settings which is fine for ethernet cards. On wifi you need to actually send the mac address to the wifi chip. In linux it is simple under windows microsoft does not document well how you actually accomplish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.