[SOLVED] can't decide between two graphics cards

venetskiiviko12

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
I currently have a 1GB GTX650 and I'm looking for an affordable upgrade, my choices are GTX770 SuperClocked 2GB or GTX670 FTW 2GB, they're close in overall performance and the 670 is slightly cheaper which will help with later upgrades I have planned like RAM and storage.

Solution
it has 4 adapters and I currently have a 6-pin connected to 2 of them, I'm sure the 770 will come with an 8-pin connector adapter to but if it doesn't I can buy it.

If you don't have 6+2 or 8-pin there for videocards, screw this. Go for the GTX 670. You can not use a GTX-770 system this way for any long-term thing. Both the EVGA SC and the conventional 770 need a 8-pin, adapters suck and your power supply is mediocre, not to say low-end. I may do a similar thing the following weeks, but only for a short time, with a medium-to-high quality PSU.
You need another PSU, but this might be fine, at least for some time with the GTX 670's 170-190 watts.
Also check the PSU calculator here...

venetskiiviko12

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
Hello

Seems a bit odd to go for such old GPU's

the best one is the 770, i don't know hom much of a premium you would pay for it though, compared to the 670

Can you explain why you are going for such old models?

Maybe we can help :)
mostly budget, to put it simply I live in a 3rd world country and it's especially harsh due to covid so I have to keep it strict, these two cards seem to be the best bang for the buck after weeks of looking and I'm really not planning to go any higher.

If having to choose between these two, definitely this in the terms of performance - it 'd give you >10 % more FPS, regardless of the overclocks there.
But you have to be careful with the PSU. GTX 670 needs 2x6 pin (170W), while 770 8+6 (230 W). Also both these units are factory-overclocked, so expect some more TDP, like 180-186 W and 235-244 W respectively.
Anyway, if there is a cheap 950/960 or 1050 as if price is close, you can get one of them instead, as they might get a bit better performance with the better-touched drivers, while also wasting less watts and running with lower temperatures.
In my country it's a bit of amazing how often one can see a cheap 1060 3 GB, while it's a GPU that covers better the minimum game settings in 1080p.

venetskiiviko12

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
If having to choose between these two, definitely this in the terms of performance - it 'd give you >10 % more FPS, regardless of the overclocks there.
But you have to be careful with the PSU. GTX 670 needs 2x6 pin (170W), while 770 8+6 (230 W). Also both these units are factory-overclocked, so expect some more TDP, like 180-186 W and 235-244 W respectively.
Anyway, if there is a cheap 950/960 or 1050 as if price is close, you can get one of them instead, as they might get a bit better performance with the better-touched drivers, while also wasting less watts and running with lower temperatures.
In my country it's a bit of amazing how often one can see a cheap 1060 3 GB, while it's a GPU that covers better the minimum game settings in 1080p.
that's something I should have mentioned, I have a 500W PSU which is the main reason why I'm even considering the 670 instead.

it has 4 adapters and I currently have a 6-pin connected to 2 of them, I'm sure the 770 will come with an 8-pin connector adapter to but if it doesn't I can buy it.

If you don't have 6+2 or 8-pin there for videocards, screw this. Go for the GTX 670. You can not use a GTX-770 system this way for any long-term thing. Both the EVGA SC and the conventional 770 need a 8-pin, adapters suck and your power supply is mediocre, not to say low-end. I may do a similar thing the following weeks, but only for a short time, with a medium-to-high quality PSU.
You need another PSU, but this might be fine, at least for some time with the GTX 670's 170-190 watts.
Also check the PSU calculator here:
https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
Enter ur data, all of it. though if you use a micro-ATX motherboard instead of ATX, it means ~5 watts less and there are also some other details. If you cover things, along with the 4590s '65 watts (4590s with the 3,0 to 3,7 GHz, right?), then you can go for it...
See the load wattage, though the recommended wattage 'd apply with a bigger weight for you, due to the factory-overclocked 670.

Solution